• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Drying coats

Well they keep it flat and it dries more neatly and because these are mesh, you can blowdry through them and still keep the coat flat.

Ahhhh... So it would help reduce Cedar's butt fluff! That's what I call the fur on her rear that sticks up after she's dry!

Hmm... her butt fluff is kinda cute though..... ;)

sounds like a good idea. i didn't know what these were for either, now i do. enlightenment! icon_star

We have a couple that look similar to that, not quite that open of a mesh; we use them on a couple of our dogs whose coat tends to get a little curly after a bath. They do seem to help a bit.

I got one for Rory, but he won't stay in it. I suppose if you werer going to blowdry with it on, it might be OK, but when he tries to walk he steps out of it and gets all tangled and the ears definitely don't stay up... If it does stay on it seems to help, though...

Ahhhh... So it would help reduce Cedar's butt fluff! That's what I call the fur on her rear that sticks up after she's dry!

Hmm... her butt fluff is kinda cute though.....

I agree! I love how fluffy Abbey is after a bath! She has major butt fluff too!! :lol:

We have a couple from different people. One very nice lady makes them in upper Wisconsin http://www.winterhavenfarm.com/PageDogAp1.asp (I am not affiliated in any way). A little warning: never leave them in the coat unsupervised. My girl didn't like the coat and in about 3 minutes had gotten her back leg out the neck hole-- It was so tight - I grabbed scissors and cut it off of her.

If you dog has "fluffy butt" this coat will help keep the coat smooth. Sandy

Yes, I have found the drying coat very useful but would underline most emphatically what has already been said: Never leave the dog unattended in the coat.
Get the dog half dry, put the coat on and finish off with blow dryer. Miranda accepts hers quite well now and her coat remains straight and smooth. She has only one curly patch, rear end of back, but I've seen them used successfully on much curlier dogs. Well worth buying, but use as always with care. Will try to work out how to post photo her in coat.

Back