Thread: HHMMmmmm too good to be true??

Post Thanks / Like

Default HHMMmmmm too good to be true??

just found this website and it sounds great... too good to be true i wonder???

what do you think?

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/ebooks/TYD.html

Post Thanks / Like

In a word..yep...too good to be true!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

when i first got zack, about a week or so after i got him, i ran across that website. The author has three books, and two of them are about health, and that's how i found them, because i was looking for info about nontoxic flea management. She had information that i was very interested in, like about how commercial dog foods don't use human grade meats and grains, and other stuff like that. I didn't know any of that. She had some info about the health effects of vaccinations, stuff i wanted to know more about, so i bought her eBooks, including the one about training, but i have them sitting on my desktop and have never found time to read them. They were rather inexpensive as eBooks go, so i figured it was worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Her site is often recommended by breeders as it gives very good warts and all evaluations of breeds (I recommend it all the time to people who want to find out about a breed). She is one of the only places that points out the dire heart problems bluntly with cavaliers (along with Bruce Fogle's dog encyclopedia done for Dorling Kindersley).

Her training approach seems quite good to me; all positive training. I might order the book to have Tara and Lisa check it out (the trainers on this board! ).

The issue of course is that most people find it easier to learn how to train thru an obedience class and won;t take the time -- but there's no reason you couldn't teach 100 words. I'd say Jaspar knows at least 25 words or commands and that is with minimal training; many like get it, bring it, find it he learned just from context. You'll probably find the same if you count up what your dog knows! But few of us would ever take the time to teach 100!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com