Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWO new family members

Post Thanks / Like

Default TWO new family members

We went to pick out our new Cav yesterday. Drove 3 hours to meet the breeder between our house and theirs. The kids already had their heart set on one of the rubies. Well my husband fell in love (and so did I) with a big black/tan. He's 4 months and already weighs 10 pounds. My husband tried desperately to talk the kids into the black/tan and couldn't. They were promised they got to decide. So we discussed it with the breeder and her husband and believe it or not, they liked us so much and wanted the brothers to be together, so they worked something out where we could take them both and pay later. (they didn't take checks understandably).
    So their names are Brownie (girls name for their Ruby) and Nanook (our name for the black/tan). I will post pictures in the next couple days. We had a long day of driving yesterday, we are on constant poop and pee duty (it's been constant all over our house, but no complaints, lol) and if you read my other post, we are very concerned about Isabelle right now. So bare with me a day or two until I can get pics taken and downloaded. We have a VERY full plate right now.
    We are VERY happy and love these new members, it's just going to take awhile to adjust. Don't know what we were thinking, but Nanook captured our heart. He is the BIGGEST cuddler. That's all he wants to do, yet he's such a big boy. Brownie on the other hand was born in the same litter but is 1/2 Nanooks size and I have a feeling might be neck in neck with Isabelle as far as on the wild side. They had one more ruby I wanted to snatch as well, but we just couldn't do that, of course. Don't think she would have handed over her entire litter on our word. Anyways, we are in heaven!!! icon_banana
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

WOW that's a big development! (Lesson NUmber One: never promise your kids a chioice you think you might want to make yourselves... ). Can't wait to see the pics and hear all the puppy stories you will have. icon_banana
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just read this to my hubby and when it got to the point of you having both pups he said "why am I not surprised"

I think we're all just so addicted to our beloved breed

Looking forward to seeing the photos, Brownie and Nanook

You really are going to be busy training two pups at once, hopefully the children are old enough to help.

Hope Isabelle will be feeling much better soon too
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki
    Just read this to my hubby and when it got to the point of you having both pups he said "why am I not surprised"

You really are going to be busy training two pups at once, hopefully the children are old enough to help.

Hope Isabelle will be feeling much better soon too
    Thanks for the good thought for Isabelle Nicki! I will post pics ASAP! Our girls are 5 and 8. The 5 year old is no help. The 8 year old will be a great help the first few days. Once the excitement dies down, I will hear lots of grumbling.
    I am just still shoked we walked away with 2, bringing our total to 3. My husband wasn't all for getting Isbelle when we got her, and HE is the one that told me to talk to them about being able to walk away with 2 yesterday. We just giggled all the way home not able to believe what we had just done. We have alot of work ahead of us, but at least we are in this together. When we got Isabelle I was suppose to be the care giver since I wanted the dog, but my how things have changed since she entered our life 6 months ago. I go from no dogs my entire life to 3. Only thing is I keep having this somewhat morbid thought that now that we had 3 dogs all around the same age, if they all have long healthy lives, we could face losing them all around the same time, which is a lot of heartbreak, but hopefully we'll have to cross that road in 10+ years. Isn't that an awful thought????
    Kat

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

[size=6][/size]
    OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!

Kat:

What happened you softie, you went from [size=6][/size]1 to 3
    in one day WOW.

Hey Kat that's okay you can eat Kraft dinner for a while it will all be worth it, although I don't think I could do that I don't mean eat Kraft Dinner either.

You are very lucky that she made payment arrangement also, hey that
    is like going into the hospital to have one human baby and coming home
    with 2.
    I am stunned, but also very very happy for you.
    What happened to the pics you emailed me anyway, I Pm'd you about
    it, I could not see them.

Come on you have to at least take one pic and post it, you are going
    to hold us all in hostage for days. Just not fair, when you are getting all
    of that lovin.
    Come on share a little bit.

Boy I don't think I would be that nice to my kids. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes
    Just kiddin you, kids do have a way of getting what they want.
    You have definetely proved that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    [size=6][/size]
    OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE IT !!!!!!!

Boy I don't think I would be that nice to my kids. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes
    Just kiddin you, kids do have a way of getting what they want.
    You have definetely proved that.
    Linda, you are too funny! Trust me when I say it wasn't the kids that were the only reason we got two. We promised them the pick, and they made it. Can't help if their father fell in love with another one that he couldn't resist. icon_banana

I honestly have no pics but the ones I tried emailing you last week from the breeder. Shawn took some last night, but worked midnights last night and then was taking care of all the dogs (Isabelle had to go to the vet for a urine/bladder infection) and now he's sleeping. I have to believe several pictures were taken during the day while I've been stuck here at work. I will try to push him to get them downloaded tonight.

The breeder was a wonderful, wonderful lady. I was shocked by her trusting us so much, but we are VERY honest people and maybe she was able to sense that. I also know this is the first time she's never had a waiting list, unfortunately probably due to all the backyard breeders, so maybe she saw it easier to be able to give two a loving home even though she wouldn't see the money for the second Cav that day. I have no idea why she was so kind, but she is a lovely very respectable breeder, and I'm not just saying that because she did us that favor. I did sign an IOU so she could sue us if we didn't pay, so maybe that gave her the reassurance she needed. icon_banana

Kraft mac and cheese for 2 months or more is worth it just to have my 3 Cavs sitting next to me eating with their mouths watering. We seriously even dipped into the grocery shopping we have for the week, but I have PLENTY of bottles to return. Plus I really need to lose a few pounds.

My husband has called me a half dozen times today bragging about the one he picked out. This is the man that didn't want a small dog 6 months ago when we got Isabelle.

I promise to get pics ASAP and I will fill everyone in on the story. It's been a hectic 24 hours to say the least!
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful, Kat. Those men!! I know exactly what you are saying. Funny how Cav's really ARE NOT little dogs anymore. I can't wait to see your pictures. Hurry, hurry!!

JaneB

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennapea

Shawn took some last night, but worked midnights last night and then was taking care of all the dogs I will try to push him to get them downloaded tonight.

Plus I really need to lose a few pounds.

My husband has called me a half dozen times today bragging about the one he picked out. This is the man that didn't want a small dog 6 months ago when we got Isabelle.
    Kat

That is absolutely no excuse, he had time to phone and brag to you about
    the one he picked out.
    He sounds like a big pussycat.

Post Thanks / Like

Kat you are truly in cavalier heaven now!! How incredibly exciting. And your husbad....oh my gosh...give him a big hug!!! What a wonderful man. Enjoy them and can't wait to see pictures!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new puppies you lucky devil and im thinking of Isabelle and i hope she makes a very speedy recovery.
    Angela & Joey