Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TWO new family members

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone! I still don't have those pictures. We were very busy last night trying to spend time with all the pups and kids and we have to be very diligent because even though the two males are only 4 months old, and one got neutered a week ago, they keep trying to mount Isabelle. The one that was neutered is very funny because he can't get to Isabelle because he's too small, so he just humps the air with nothing in front of him. We didn't expect that from him as he's neutered. Is this something they will just always do because it's instinct?? Anyways, have to be very careful, because the one that isn't neutered is big enough to get around Isabelle, but we aren't letting them out of our sight unless we crate them separately.
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You might consider getting Isabelle into those special panties as a four month old could possibly mate her successfully if she is still in heat (is she over that now?). All it takes is a split second for them to be 'tied' and you cannot physically separate them once he is mounted like this... to be delicate he kind of inflates and hooks in, and is physically locked to her. The panties at least offer a backup just in case.

PS and we are all dying for those pictures!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Kat - Welcome to the 3-dog household!! We too have 3 dogs (the city limit unfortunately) :cry: I have 2 cavs and my daughter who has some disabilities lives in our basement apartment w/her little Lhaso. The neighbors laugh when I walk all 3 at the same time around the neighborhood. They call me the "wagon master" 'cuz I look like I'm managing a team of ponies

Now for a word about the food and snack bills - I started just breaking the treats into 3 parts - heck, they don't know if it's a half or whole cookie! Otherwise, I go nuts buying treats - which none of us really need in our house!!

Sheri
    Nebraska

Post Thanks / Like

OMG it must be mad in your house at the moment. Love the name Nanook - I presume you got that from the Lost Boys? I wish you the best of luck with the new puppies - you'll have a great time.
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joanna
    OMG it must be mad in your house at the moment. Love the name Nanook - I presume you got that from the Lost Boys? I wish you the best of luck with the new puppies - you'll have a great time.
    Yes, my husband named his Cav, and he got the name from the Lost Boys! I loved that movie when I was younger, but don't remember the dog's name being Nanook! Nice memory!!!

Things are quite mad around my house, but wouldn't change it for the world. No accidents in the last 24 hours. Can't say it's because they know how to alert us, because they don't, (except Isabelle, she does ring the windchimes), but we are dilligent about getting them out often enough so it becomes habit. They are 4 months old, so I don't think it's going to be too hard or take too long to train. I was just very impressed we let them all sleep with us again last night and no one got up and made messes while we were zonked out.

I promise pics this weekend if not earlier. Husband is working some nights and some days so his sleeping schedule is WAY OFF! :cry:
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Kat, What exciting news!!!!!! How lucky are you!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the crew. One to three is a BIG jump. Hope Isabelle is settling down now too. Enjoy your new babies
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jennapea
    Thank you to everyone! I still don't have those pictures. We were very busy last night trying to spend time with all the pups and kids and we have to be very diligent because even though the two males are only 4 months old, and one got neutered a week ago, they keep trying to mount Isabelle. The one that was neutered is very funny because he can't get to Isabelle because he's too small, so he just humps the air with nothing in front of him. We didn't expect that from him as he's neutered. Is this something they will just always do because it's instinct?? Anyways, have to be very careful, because the one that isn't neutered is big enough to get around Isabelle, but we aren't letting them out of our sight unless we crate them separately.
    I'm so jealous! but thanks for the vicarious pleasure. sounds like you DID let the kids decide. And one of those kids is a big guy who works strange hours.

About humping, when i got Zack, there was a female he was playing with, Sophie, and he was trying to hump her, he was 4 months at the time. He hasn't had another dog to play with since then, until last weekend my daughter came over with her spayed 8 month old female cavalier, Belle, and now 5 month old Zack started in with the humping right away. We just told him no in a firm way and he stopped doing it, it took a few times correcting him, and then he was happy just to be playing with her all afternoon. There was an occasional hump from time to time, and we just told him to stop it and he complied. Fortunately we didn't have the risk of an unspayed female.

i loved hearing about your acquisition and eagerly await the photos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Came across some really cute pics of wholecolours on the weekend and that coupled with your pics has me thinking wholecolours.... torture!!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    Came across some really cute pics of wholecolours on the weekend and that coupled with your pics has me thinking wholecolours.... torture!!
    Did you see them on a website ????
    I told Kat she has me thinking b/t too now.
    I can't take this torture either.
    I am going nuts waiting for that email/phone call on the litter
    expected on Thursday.
    What am I going to do over the next few months.