• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Freedom

Linda

I have been taking Dudley to the park behind my boys school and letting him OFF LEASH icon_yikes icon_yikes
Presently nobody is around, so it is great for me to practice his recall
which is going really well. I was trying to get some action shots, but it is so cold here in Toronto my fingers were turning blue.
This was the best we could do, we will have to save the action shots
until the warmer weather.

Park1.jpg

Park.jpg

Park3.jpg

Very cute pictures. You keep his coat beautiful. I bet he has a great time off leash. Im still too scared to try it. I know Joey and im sure he would be off like a shot first sign of anything moving icon_yikes
He is still very young but i look forward to the day where I can let him off to run free and im sure he does too. :D

Angela said:
Very cute pictures. You keep his coat beautiful. I bet he has a great time off leash. Im still too scared to try it. I know Joey and im sure he would be off like a shot first sign of anything moving icon_yikes
He is still very young but i look forward to the day where I can let him off to run free and im sure he does too. :D

Angela

I know exactly how you feel, I would never of dared let Dudley OFF LEASH
even 6 months ago, I am only doing it now because the park is isolated.
I don't know how much longer I will be able to do it, so I am enjoying it now while I can. He just loves it.

I love seeing him run free, it is a wonderful feeling.
I used to take him into the tennis courts to do this, until somebody cut holes in the fence. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you, I love his coat too.

Hi Linda,

I still can't let Gizmo go off leash as I'm sure he'd run after anything that moved !! We are lucky in that we have a large back garden and he runs around that ( he actually skips in places when chasing birds in the trees at the end of the garden!!)

He loves it and I love seeing him bounding around the place !!

I hope you have plenty more time to be alone in the park to play and run about .....

Adorable pictures. Ah, I can just picture a ruby running around with Dudley! icon_banana icon_banana

Nice pictures! That's great that he's not only learning recall, but learning trust as well---both of you are! :lol:

Jen said:
Nice pictures! That's great that he's not only learning recall, but learning trust as well---both of you are! :lol:

Jen:

I was extremely nervous to try this with Dudley, but practised in the
Tennis courts for a longtime. When I tell him it is time to go he races to
the van and waits by the door.
I think you are right, he is learning trust and I would love to think that
I could do this all the time but as the weather warms up more people will be around. I think he understands that I am allowing him to do this because of the trust, well okay the treats too. Although I don't always give a treat on recall.

Back