• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier's Nails

Linda

May seem like a silly question, I was just wondering if all cavaliers have
white nails. Dudley's nails are all white.

Curious

Nope, they can have black or white and sometimes they have both. My tri had both - where her feet or pads were black, her nails were black; my black and tan has all black nails; my blenheim has all white. Not a silly question at all. If you haven't looked at alot of Cav feet, you wouldn't know. :roll:

JaneB

My cavaliers are mostly blenheims-- all have white nails except one female has a "redish brown" nail. The ruby has dark nails. Sandy

Speaking of nails, I can't believe how fast both my cavs nails grow! I have to take them in about every month to get them clipped by my vet, as neither of my girls will hold still for me :roll:

Funny, my ruby girl has white nails - hmmm....

Sheri

sramirez said:
Speaking of nails, I can't believe how fast both my cavs nails grow! I have to take them in about every month to get them clipped by my vet, as neither of my girls will hold still for me :roll:

Funny, my ruby girl has white nails - hmmm....

Sheri

She does, oh I am happy to hear that.
Especially with the hope of a Ruby in the litter next week.
I was sitting here wondering to myself, do Ruby's or b/t's have white
nails or black.
So I guess it just depends, keep your replies coming I really apreciate
it.
I cut Dudley's nails myself and I have no problem.

I've never had to cut the nails on mine; but they get walked 4 times a day on pavement so that probably keeps them pretty well filed. The vet thought they were a good length so guess they're OK. I clip all my cats' nails though every couple of weeks! The balck nails on my black cat can be really hard to do -- I always just leave them a safe length. Mainly I want to lop off the sharp tip.

We cut Bustas and Woodys as they are white, the vet showed us how to do it, as long as we are not near the pink bit of the nail is is fine, with Ozzy and Mollie we just cut a small mm size when we do the other boys.

Back