Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new rescue site

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just wish I'd taken more pictures of the dogs that have come thru and been rehomed. I did a count and it has been around 14-15 in the past year now I think, directly or indirectly. It would be nice to have a 'hall of fame'...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking website Karlin, once again I have been caught crying by someone coming into my office...... looking at the Many Tears website.... how can mankind be so cruel.

Post Thanks / Like

Great job, Karlin and what a wonderful thing for you to have done. I know that your site will have a positive impact on many people and needy Cavaliers. Maybe some of the folks on this forum, that have taken in a Cav that needed rehoming or fostering, could write a couple of paragraphs about their experiences. I would think that might encourage others to think more positively about the process and would fit in nicely with all that you have already done. Again, kudos for all your efforts!

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

could you contact the new owners for pictures of the past rescued dogs?
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It looks brililant Karlin, well done icon_banana

just had a quick look, but will read through properly soon.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Karlin

What a amazing site, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to browse.
    I can just imagine the endless hours and hours or more like months even longer that you dedicated to this site.

It is such a wonderful feeling knowing that when one is not as knowledgeable in regards to Health issues that we have you to turn to.

Thanks for this site and your new Irish Rescue site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Please you make me feel embarrassed! Actually it isn't very difficult to use the templates to make a site but all sorts of hassles always arise when you try to do anything a bit different or host it on your own URL. I'm reowkring the SM site too using these templates but this is a pain if they are going to dispaly incorrectly -- might need to move to a different hosting company. I straightened up the rescue site a bit more and tried a new method of uploading to see if it would work.... but no, still the dingbats. :cry:

I'm really behind on doing some of the things I want to do with the sites, though... this week was a pretty efficient week for me though so I got the time to do some work on the sites and will have more time over the weekend.
    Karlin

Rod Russell Guest

The Irish Rescue Site looks great, Karlin. I cannot explain the dingbats. I edit a website, too, and boy do I have problems with it, but so far no dingbats. I think a hall of fame is a great idea, too. Every rescue should have a mug shot. If you had a page of nothing but thumbnail pictures of past rescues, it would convince a lot of buyers to consider adopting.

Rod Russell
    Orlando, Florida USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I solved the cause but not the problem. I've learned it is a server end problem, Rod -- if the hosting company's servers are set to display only western typefaces and not international standard typefaces (which is the Mac default for creating documents) then all the dingbats come up. Hosting services should of course set their servers to international standards as then every browser will show a page correctly. But lots in the west do not.

I've contacted my hosting service to see if they will change their server settings. If they don't I'll just move to a new host. I had this problem with pages created in Word on the Mac and saved in HTML for the SM site, too, but thought it was something in Word.

I'm hoping the very helpful guys at my hosting company will be able to chage the settings generally as this will affetc anyone creating pages on a Mac or any page showing say Chinese or Arabic characters.
    Karlin