• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Raw chicken necks

Thanks so much for researching him Karlin - as you say, it is rather a stretch to saying he has a PhD. Bit concerning really...

Not sure whether to pay out for the book :?

I must admit it's the raw religion crowd who have put me off to some degree!! but I really do want to do something with the doglets' diet, esp. as TedBear is not a great eater.

Nicki said:
Thanks so much for researching him Karlin - as you say, it is rather a stretch to saying he has a PhD. Bit concerning really...

Not sure whether to pay out for the book :?

I must admit it's the raw religion crowd who have put me off to some degree!! but I really do want to do something with the doglets' diet, esp. as TedBear is not a great eater.

Nikki

Send Tedbear over here to me, and I will gladly give him all the
chicken necks his little heart desires. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I will look for my book.

I think bringing in some raw is a great idea.

That guy seems to do a pretty good overview of existing arguments in some of his publications/articles, but as there are so few studies on feeding raw, I am wondering what it is he is using to weigh up evidence?

I suppose regarding raw chicken, I'd be keeping an eye on what happens regarding bird flu too.

karlin said:
I suppose regarding raw chicken, I'd be keeping an eye on what happens regarding bird flu too.

icon_yikes I always did have a great sense of timing icon_yikes

Lulu, you're not getting him away from me that easily :lol:

I did manage to get some backs yesterday - they weren't the same as the ones I'd seen before, these have more meat on them

IMG_0009.jpg

Hope no-one will be offended by the photo!

I thought they were quite reasonable, two backs with four wings included for 70 pence. I split the backs roughly in half, but they will have the wings as a separate meal.

Nicki said:
karlin said:

icon_yikes I always did have a great sense of timing icon_yikes

Lulu, you're not getting him away from me that easily :lol:

That is why you should send him over here, cause I have had my necks
in the freezer for a little while. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes
No chance of him getting bird flu. icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Let me know when he is coming. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on Nikki, be a sport.
Get in the icon_drivingcar icon_drivingcar and get him to that airport.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow those are MEATY backs! That is basically the whole chicken body half except the breast/legs/wings isn't it? My guys would go nuts for those. I'd give half of one of those pieces (just as you are doing) for a meal -- that would be a nice meaty meal. :) Mine will take two or three wings for a meal. I tried them on whole wings following all this discussion -- they actually both ate them fairly slowly so I feel more confidence trying wings again.

ROFLOL @ Lulu - he couldn't "bear" to be parted from me :lol:

Karlin, I try not to look too closely, I'm a vegetarian, so it's all rather difficult LOL

I'm glad your two are back on the whole wings - I think if I split Rupert's up, he would then swallow them whole.

BTW very nice food styling in that pic, Nicki -- I like the pieces surrounded by dogs of different breeds. :lol:

LOL Karlin, it was a present from a friend, one of those glass ones...

There is a Cavalier at the top, you can just see the head peaking up next to the GSD - very bad arranging, should have left him visible :lol:

Back