• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Linda's pup.......

In fact when we got Kayla our breeder , who owned the male, Gave us pick of the litter. As it was his due and he wanted to sell it anyway. So we got to choose. I thought that was nice.
She turned out beautiful and has the most wonderful nature. the breeder did help us choose.

Linda said:
karlin said:
Oh the waiting will be so hard, but I am glad mom and pups are safe. I'd take one of those B&Ts... :) The mother is really a beuatiful dog. We'll all have fingers crossed for you, Linda. icon_crssedfingers

Karlin:

In your very knowledgeable background, can you please answer a
question for me.

Would it be at all risky to keep a male from the litter of your children in the same house.
Just thinking that that may cause a accident, although I am positive that
good breeders seperate them when the time comes.

What a day yesterday, and now I still don't know, I know when we go
to see them I will melt anyway.

We wouldn't think twice about keeping a male with offspring in the house, but then we are used to dealing with keeping the boys and girls separated. In fact, even when we are breeding a pair in our house, we keep them separated, except when the actual "deed" is being done. Breeding is a very structured thing.

Bruce H said:
Linda said:
karlin said:
Oh the waiting will be so hard, but I am glad mom and pups are safe. I'd take one of those B&Ts... :) The mother is really a beuatiful dog. We'll all have fingers crossed for you, Linda. icon_crssedfingers

Karlin:

In your very knowledgeable background, can you please answer a
question for me.

Would it be at all risky to keep a male from the litter of your children in the same house.
Just thinking that that may cause a accident, although I am positive that
good breeders seperate them when the time comes.

What a day yesterday, and now I still don't know, I know when we go
to see them I will melt anyway.

We wouldn't think twice about keeping a male with offspring in the house, but then we are used to dealing with keeping the boys and girls separated. In fact, even when we are breeding a pair in our house, we keep them separated, except when the actual "deed" is being done. Breeding is a very structured thing.

Bruce:

If you were just starting out would you feel the same way, and also
if you are just starting out and actually don't own your own female,
would you keep the only female regardless of the things breeders look for.
Sorry I am just trying to weigh out my chances of getting that little
Ruby Boy.
Like I said, Lady is owned by my breeder but resides with someone else
who was looking to start showing and breeding. So with only one female being born what would you do. ????

Bruce I truly appreciate your opinion on this, I do not want to bother my
breeder for a while as I am sure she is very tired after the trauma
yesterday even although all is well now.

Yes, I agree with Bruce. Breedings aren't only carefully planned, they are carefully orchestrated. There is a lot more too it than leaving a dog and a bitch together. Sandy

Linda, if she is looking to breed/show she will base her decision on the best prospect in the litter. The choice will likely come down to how each stacks up as a show potential. I doubt she will go by colour or sex alone unless she has a particular sex in mind and even then the one with the most potential will probably top her list regardless of sex, if she is just starting out.

Well I was lucky and my breeder emailed me this picture of the puppies
tonight. I just wanted to share.
Hopefully that little Ruby boy to the right will come home with me, if not
I will be most likely taking one of the Black and Tans.

Puppies.jpg

thanks for the great photo. She doesn't look too bad for having a C section (ouch). she does look kind of wiped out though. The puppies already have nice looking coats. I hope you get your ruby boy. If not, you'll no doubt have a black and tan you adore, and you and your husband will both be saying it was meant to be. :)

Oh Linda, they all look beautiful. Such little chubby bubbies and so shiny. I think that the breeder has put "your" little boy aside so you can see him better :D Thanks for sharing and how nice of your breeder to send them too.
Julie and the girls

oh that is a lovely picture of mum and her babies. Mum does look understandably wiped out bless her. paws and everything crossed you get that sweet little ruby. :D

Linda, that is a beautiful looking litter. Regardless of what happens, I'd say you are going to get a beautiful puppy.

When Kris and I were starting out, our third dog was a male. We were nervous about it, but we had a great mentor and she really helped us through dealing with the first few seasons and our boys "antics". Based on everything you have said on this and the other board, and if I were a betting man, I would put my money on you getting the ruby. BUT, who knows what the other person has in mind.

Just try to relax a bit and try not to try to guess what another person might do (easy to say, I know!); we don't want to hear about you giving yourself a nervous breakdown :lol: Just know that whatever happens, you are going to get a very beautiful puppy.

Bruce H said:
Linda, that is a beautiful looking litter. Regardless of what happens, I'd say you are going to get a beautiful puppy.

When Kris and I were starting out, our third dog was a male. We were nervous about it, but we had a great mentor and she really helped us through dealing with the first few seasons and our boys "antics". Based on everything you have said on this and the other board, and if I were a betting man, I would put my money on you getting the ruby. BUT, who knows what the other person has in mind.

Just try to relax a bit and try not to try to guess what another person might do (easy to say, I know!); we don't want to hear about you giving yourself a nervous breakdown :lol: Just know that whatever happens, you are going to get a very beautiful puppy.

Thank you Bruce

But you know, I am a big softie, and pretty emotional as you can tell by my posts. I feel like I have waited over 2 years for this puppy and
I will be very sad if I don't get him. Although the Black and Tans are
just as beautiful, my husband is standing his ground and is saying if
we don't get the Ruby then we will wait. :cry: :cry:
I know I should not be tearing myself up like this, but I cannot think of
anything else, deep inside I do feel I will get him but you just never know.
I value you opinion so much, and truly appreciate your support.
Believe me it is very hard to sleep, I am tossing and turning although
last night I did manage to get a few hours sleep.

Taking deep breaths.

Bruce when do you usually decide on whether a puppy is show quality
I thought it wasn't until they were around 6 to 8 wks. Can you tell
earlier than that. I hate to ask all these questions to my breeder, as
she knows how long I have waited but on the other hand she has to
give the Guardian I guess we can call her the pup of her choice.

Awwww you are a softie !

I dont blame your dh one bit ! ALL colors are beautiful, but everyone has their preferences and I think you should get what you want . Its not like this is the only and last Ruby on earth ! I DO think that he will be yours !!! BUT , if not , get what you want ! You deserve it ;)

Linda said:
Although the Black and Tans are

Oh--I misunderstood your first post where you said your husband said "if it's meant to be...." I thought he meant if you're meant to get a ruby you will, if not, you'll get whatever. So, that's different--oh i so hope you get your ruby boy. Two years waiting!!!!

I have heard people say you choose a breeder rather than choosing a dog. It sounds like that is your situation, since theoretically you could get a ruby cavalier elsewhere. I was told when i was looking for Zack that i might have to wait a long time to find a puppy from the right breeder, but that it was worth it and that was what i was strongly advised to do by one person in particular. Being new to purebred dogs, having only had mutt dogs before, and not having had a dog in 26 years, i ended up not heeding that advice. It wouldn't have been realistic for me to wait two years, and that was what was being suggested, if needed. And having contacted quite a few reputable breeders without success, i could see that it could easily take that long. But people who already have cavaliers and especially who already have a relationship with a breeder are in a different position. I can really see how you would wait if you have to.

I hope the other person comes to a quick decision, and that it's the right one!!

judy said:
Linda said:
Although the Black and Tans are

Oh--I misunderstood your first post where you said your husband said "if it's meant to be...." I thought he meant if you're meant to get a ruby you will, if not, you'll get whatever. So, that's different--oh i so hope you get your ruby boy. Two years waiting!!!!

I have heard people say you choose a breeder rather than choosing a dog. It sounds like that is your situation, since theoretically you could get a ruby cavalier elsewhere. I was told when i was looking for Zack that i might have to wait a long time to find a puppy from the right breeder, but that it was worth it and that was what i was strongly advised to do by one person in particular. Being new to purebred dogs, having only had mutt dogs before, and not having had a dog in 26 years, i ended up not heeding that advice. It wouldn't have been realistic for me to wait two years, and that was what was being suggested, if needed. And having contacted quite a few reputable breeders without success, i could see that it could easily take that long. But people who already have cavaliers and especially who already have a relationship with a breeder are in a different position. I can really see how you would wait if you have to.

I hope the other person comes to a quick decision, and that it's the right one!!

Hi Judy

Nope, no quick decisons coming at all.
I called her this morning, and she told me I will just have to wait and see and that will not be until 6 weeks of age at least.
As they usually take the best puppy regardless of the sex.
Let's hope he is not that puppy, I will not even be able to go and see him
until the middle of May.
But if she is taking him then I will not be going at all, she did say that
Lady's sister just delivered a female Ruby but her owner wants to keep
her also but if she changes her mind she will let me know she is already 3 weeks old. If not she will check to see if anybody else has a Ruby.
So I have a very very looooooooooooong 6 WEEKS ahead of me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just PM'd you sweetie.

I'm so sorry there is all this sadness and confusion at what should be such a happy time. :( :cry:

Generally people new to showing and breeding do start with bitches, but you can't 2nd guess what she will do.

It's very hard, but if he's meant to be yours, he will be...I know you have a long wait, but we're all with you, sending you lots of positive thoughts and big ((((hugs)))).

The boys will put their paws together at bedtime for prayers for you too.

The Mom is just beautiful, and I love the photo of the puppies, they look a super litter.

Everything crossed here xxxx

Oh Linda, my heart goes out to you... waiting is so painful especially if you are not sure of a favourable outcome. I am with your dh and would not settle for one of the b&ts, as beautiful as they are as your heart longs for a little ruby. I hope and pray that this will all work out for you. Keep us posted on any updates.
Julie and the girls

Thanks Nikki & Julie

I am not feeling as excited as I was, I guess if it was meant to be it will
happen. My boys would love a black and tan, I think my husband may
give as he see's how upset I am but I think his next preference would
be a Tri.
Please keep all paws and fingers crossed for me, I will update with
photo's when I receive them.
I know that if I don't get a ruby now I will one day.
Maybe when I retire, I will have one of each.

Linda, I can't believe that they can do this to you - is there no way you can speak to the woman that is going to pick........ I am thinking of you.
(((((hugs))))))) from me and my boys.

Claire said:
Linda, I can't believe that they can do this to you - is there no way you can speak to the woman that is going to pick........ I am thinking of you.
(((((hugs))))))) from me and my boys.

Claire:

I surely wish I could, I tried on Friday talking to my breeder she will
not give me any sort of idea at all.
I hate this torture, although I am going to start checking out other
breeders just in case. I would prefer to stay with my breeder, but this not knowing is not good for me.
I don't even know the lady who is going to pick, Lady's Guardian and I
cannot even go see them until the middle of May.
My hubby truly believes if it were meant to be it will happen.
I really appreciate everyone's caring and understanding, I often wonder
if I am a mush ball and I should not be getting this upset over this.

Linda!!!! The pics of the pups and mum are beautiful! Can't wait to see more! I just know you'll get the ruby. Sorry it's taken me until now to see them. I had a terrible weekend. Side swiped my car on a pole Saturday, daughter has been sick since yesterday afternoon, plus other things. I am so glad I jumped on before going to bed to see the precious babies! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. Only 5 more weeks til hopefully you get the good news!!!! icon_crssedfingers

Back