• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Another weight question

Roxanne

OK , so Colby weighed 6.14 at the vet yesterday ( although this am he tinkered to 7 lbs on my scale ) ....he is 11 wks
I am dying to know what he will mature out at ?? I would love him to be 18 lbs or so . Do you think he will be much bigger than that ? I know its just a guess , but any input would help ;)

PS :He is only from a litter of 2 ( I've seen Laura's post re size )

Well, as you recall Rory wwas 7lbs at 11 weeks which I thought was huge. He was much bigger than his littermates. ;) And he is now a perfect 17.5lbs. I think given that Colby was 1 of only 2 pups, he probably got big fast and will likely slow down from here. His parents are both normal sized (didn't you say mom was actually small?).

So it's very possible that he will still stay w/in the standard! Of course, he could also keep growing and get bigger than the standard. It's hard to say. ;)

It is really impossible to say. Your best gauge will be NOT to look at the parents alone but look at the size of parents and grandparents and great-grandparents if known. This is the case with people too; small parents can produce a tall child if those genes are distributed further back in the family line.

Thats true Karlin ;) His mom is smaller .i want to say about 15 lbs ? But dad has alot of bone and although he doesnt look real big I think he is about 20 lbs .....maybe even a tad more ?? My breeder does have a female from a previous litter of theirs and she isnt that big ...i want to say about 15 lbs as well ? I know his lines ......but I have no idea the weights of his grandparents and gr grandparents ??

It doesnt matter to me how big he gets ;) But I would like to show him , so if he was within standard that would be great ! BUT mainly , I am just curious !! I love my baby boy sooooooooooo much !!!

Roxanne
How could we ever tell love that you love that boy.
He is just a little doll, so enjoy him every moement you can.
Thanks for your email.
Linda

Back