• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kibble Size

Moviedust

Everyone has been talking about food again, and this has been something on my mind, especially when thinking about a new puppy.

We feed Cedar Adult Wellness, and the kibble size is really quite large. I would imagine that a baby puppy might have a hard time eating it. I have not seen any "small kibble" Wellness out there. Have any of you?

I really like Wellness and would like to stay with it. But if I have to use a different brand with a puppy, what _Whole Dog_- recommended adult food has a small enough kibble size for a baby puppy?

Can you get some samples from their webpage..... see if there is anything that would suit her.

I dont have a baby puppy right now. My question was due to the recent threads about food, so I thought I'd raise it now to see what others had done.

I guess many havent had issues with kibble size, as few have responded!

I don't think size makes too much difference. Some might argue that the smaller kibble is easier to inhale and cause problems for a dog that eats fast. Also I think the larger size does a better job at cleaning teeth. One of the prescription diets you can get for helping to clean teeth and get a cat to eat more slowly is actually based on the idea of a slightly larger kibble.

Royal Canin make s small adult kibble for small breeds and I have fed that for a long time, but more recently I have ben trying James Wellbeloved (a UK kibble) that is larger and am very happy with that.

Canidae has smallish round nuggets that I think would be good for a pup. I have to agree that Wellness kibble is not only on the large size but it's a pyramid shape that is not Chester's favorite.

I also really like Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soup because the kibble are flat little rounds...imagine a really tiny hockey puck.

Thanks for the info! And thanks, GudrunTheRed for the descriptions of some of these different foods. It gives me a place to start! I have a tough time getting food from shops because we dont have that many boutiques in town, and I would hate to order something online --with the added costs, etc.--to only find the kibble as large as what I have already.

I'll keep Canidae and Chicken Soup on the list!

Back