Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New avatar rules & dimensions: please no signature pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default can't get pic in signature

how do i put a picture in my signature?

Post Thanks / Like

There should be instructions from Karlin on one of the folders, but if you go into your profile you can add it as an avatar, then cut and paste the html link into it, make sure you resize it though otherwise it is to big.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Kimberly and welcome to the board. I prefer people use avatars and not place pictures in signatures, as there's always a split between people who don't like pics in sigs and those who do. Avatars allow people to use a picture that is a consistent size instead! Directions for using avatars are linked from this thread and doing so is very easy -- you just size it correctly then paste the link into the avatar section of your profile. We also have four photo galleries so there's lots of room to share additional pics!

Thanks!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin, I tried to resize my avatar but cant find it in my profile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Melanie -- in your profile there's a blank space for pasdting in the avatar URL (which it looks like you've done!).

To resize it, you need to make it smaller either using photo imaging software on your own PC, or by resizing it at the site where it is hosted. As you have it on photobucket, you probably need to take it down to 75% of the current size -- you do that just be clicking in to edit the photo right on the site. After a few moments it should automatically resize here. You shouldn't even need to change the link.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

testing
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), & Holly (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I went to change my avatar and remove my sig photo, but I cant seem to find the blank space for avatars on my profile page. Am I missing the obvious??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry about that -- I fixed it. I'd added a little program which is supposed to not give options to add in websites, avatars etc until you've had your account enabled. This is to stop spammers from registering and adding in website links. Unfortunately it seemed to completely remove the ability to edit your avatar! I pulled the code and it is back to normal now. Sorry to those of you who must have thought I'd devised a special torture regarding avatars... icon_yikes
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I am so late in replying !! Thank you everyone for the comments on the puppy photos ... no I did not keep any of the puppies - but several are very close and I hope to show one of the girls when she is older.

I will be planning a "play day" in the near future and maybe will be able to get some news ones to post as well.

If there is anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that would be interested in a playday please pm me and I will keep you updated. I am just thinking a nice day at the park and i will supply hot dogs and such!
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage Cavaliers
    Oh I am so late in replying !! Thank you everyone for the comments on the puppy photos ... no I did not keep any of the puppies - but several are very close and I hope to show one of the girls when she is older.

I will be planning a "play day" in the near future and maybe will be able to get some news ones to post as well.

If there is anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that would be interested in a playday please pm me and I will keep you updated. I am just thinking a nice day at the park and i will supply hot dogs and such!
    Janet did you take the pictures, they are adorable.

Glad they are so close by.