• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is grease bad for dogs?

melanie

Last night Sadie got into some grease. Not only were her ears and face covered in grease but she ate alot of it too. She threw up several times in the night. Do you think I need to call the vet this morning or will she be ok. She is acting fine now.

Keep an eye on her but she'll probably be okay. It just disagreed with her because she's not used to it. My ill informed sister fed several greasy chips to Daisy Boo a few weeks ago and she vomited several times the next morning (needless to say she's learned her lesson about feeding scraps to the dogs). However, after it had all gone out of her system she was fine. If she continues to vomit I would bring her to the vet.

Do you mean food grease or petroleum grease? If the latter I'd call a vet immediately to be on the safe side -- oil or petroleum grease could be very dangerous.

A bath should get food grease out of the coat but you may need to take special steps with car grease and should consult the vets on that.

Just a side note -- I no longer have the automatic avatar resize program able to run on the board so people need to resize avatars themselves. There are directions and maximum dimensions here:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1706

My avatar is at the maximum size so you can also gauge by that. I'm hoping one of the many programmers who tinker with this board software program will devise a way to get the old program to work with this newer version of the board software then I won't have to ask people to do this! Thanks! :)

It was food grease. I will keep an eye on her. She seems to be fine right now and hasn't thrown up since 4am

Oh that's a relief! Both that it is food grease and that her tummy has settled. It might be a good idea to just phone the vets and ask if there's anything you should do as I don;t know if food grease in large amounts would be considered a problem.

I'm just posting back to you re: your question over on the avatar thread too. :)

Back