• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*** NB *** Sorry about board problems ***

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am having a horrendous time trying to move this board over to a new hosting service. The problems relate to incompatibilities betwen the database application at the old host and the new host (different releases of the same databse :? ).

I've had to redirect the address of the board back to the old host until I can figure out a way around this. At least that way the board stays live, though I seem to have lost some changes to the site design in the meantime!

I've spent 5 days on this and am no further along.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Ok, the very kind support people at hosting365.ie actually set the database up for me and brought everything across. I've lost some template changes but those are cosmetic and I'll get to those in the next day or so. But AT LAST we are back in business!

:mexwav:

Oh Karlin, we missed the board so much.
You are so sweet, I am sure it must be frustrating for you.

WE ALL LOVE YOU

Hoorayyy, the board is back!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work Karlin. I can only imagine how frustrating it was. Well done!

Karlin it's just wonderful to have you and the board back...thank you so much for all your hard work, it's much appreciated. :flwr:

Missed you all :lotsaluv:

Wicked to have you back - Thank you Karlin for all you hard work doing this it is appreciated by all of us...

Thanks all; the saga isn't quite over yet but it is for now anyway. It turned out that what I had THOUGHT was the safely moved board was actually the OLD board and database -- that;s when I made the posts of the 19th and 20th and some of you may have been online then.

The database still isn't working with the new host so I redirected the servers back to our board based at the old hosts. Hence we have all the posts back from the 19th and 20th and at last, the board is up.

I will not move the board til the new hosts update their database software! I tried twice to move it yesterday and was at my wit's end -- the board would come up but then you couldn't post anything to it! So I took it back down, redirected the servers, and we all had to wait for that to percolate thru the net world. I have been checking and checking and am so happy to see it is now back up.

Now here we are and we aren;t budging until I know the databse versions will work together properly. :x

I'm just sorry it took SOOOO long for the board to reconnect to the old servers! When I moved it the other time it did this in under an hour; this time it took 36 hours!! :shock:

Isn't the technological age wonderful!!!! When it works!!! :crash: :thnx: Karlin for all your hard work. You are an *ng*l
Julie and the girls

thank you karlin this is a brilliant site for all cavalier owners i have learnt a lot from other owners and yourself and my wee ruby pup floinn is getting all the benefits from it but i still cannot get a picture of him on the site but i am still trying, thank you again. (y)

Do you have the pics and where are they kept? Have you uploaded them to either flickr.com, muchos.co.uk, or photobucket.com? Set up an accopunt at one of those and I'll tell you what to do next. I know there are LOTS of people waiting to look at pics of rubies... :snap: Flickr.com is the best to make setting up an avatar really easy.

hi karlin,
i do have an account with flickr and i have 5 photos on it of floinn but i can't get them to your site, any help i would be very grateful. thank you (y)

If you can see the pics on Flickr, what you do next is click into the pic you want to put on the site. Then on the right you'll see a bunch of options and you want to click 'different sizes'. Then you'll see a bunch of choices across the top of the screen. For pics in the galleries here, the medium or small sizes are nice. For an avatar, pick the small size or the thumbnail or square.

To post a pic. click the size you weant and the pic will appear at that size. Then copy the URL right below the picture (not the really long piece of text which is in the second box down). Come back here to your message where you want to paste the photo. Click on the IMG button (menu above the message box), paste in the url, then click on the IMG again. Or, you can type in
again. When you post the message the picture should appear. TYou can also hit 'preview' rather than 'post' and that will show you your message so you can check if it looks OK.

For your avatar, pick the small size (or smaller), copy that url in the same place, the first box, then go too your profile, find the avatar section and paste in the url to the box for linking to a remote avatar (not the upload avatar section).

Back