• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Mr Skerritt has had a stroke

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am sorry to report that Mr Geoff Skerritt, neurologist at Chestergates Hospital in Chester, UK and a good friend of the cavalier breed, has suffered a stroke recently. Several of us on the board and various SM lists have had their cavaliers MRI'd through the low cost MRI scheme operated at Chestergates and will know Mr Skerritt personally as a very kind and generous man with great compassion for people and cavaliers. He was one of the first to initiate the low cost MRI scheme and may have been the first to identify SM and the skull malformation in the breed, back in the 70s.

It was reported to one of the lists that he is over the worst and is doing well in hospital; his wife said he was trying to read his own neurological scan from his hospital bed. :) That sounds like a good sign to me.

Those who know him may want to mail a card to his surgery in Chester:

Mr Geoff Skerritt
Cranmore Veterinary Referral Services
Chestergates Referral Hospital,
Chestergates, Chester, CH1 6LT
UK

I'm so sorry to hear this, and thanks for posting it. We're so lucky to have someone as dedicated as he is; I hope everything turns out alright for him. How scary.

Back