• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Running for babies dressed in fur

Buster

The better half is considering running the Women's mini marathon and I was suggesting that if she did, she should do it for charity and she said that if she did, it would be for something to do with animal welfare and preferably Cavalier rescue. So any suggestions on who she should run for?

Where are you based, as you have Karlins rescue, many tears rescue in Wales, or there is the Lucky Stars in the US.

This is a really nice idea! I'm the only cavalier rescue in Ireland (assume you mean Irish mini-marathon?) but I do fine at this time in recuperating costs from the folks who adopt the dogs.

There is this option for helping the breed:

1) There is a fund to help on research with MVD and SM, coordinated through Dr Clare Rusbridge in the UK. I can forward funds for this.

2) Or if I were to nominate a general animal charity to support, it would be ASH Rescue in Wicklow -- Helen and Remi work so, so, so hard on behalf of all dogs and cats and even have helped out donkeys, geese and a pig or two! Remi has helped transport a couple of cavaliers for me to the UK as well. I am going to set up a little section for them in the recue section as they badly need dog walkers and general volunteers up at their beautiful location in the Wicklow mountains. Even just one day a month helps them so much and it's a lovely day out up there. They are my favourite animal group and have helped some urgent cavalier and cavalier-mix situations on cavalier rescue's behalf.

ASH: http://www.ashanimalrescue.com/

Many Tears is a good idea too! They are in Wales though and are a general rescue too; don't know if you are looking for something Irish related.

Many tears would be lovely... that is where these two little ones came from, sadly my little Tri, Annie-Belle crossed the bridge in January but Honey-Bee remains well.

They work so hard re-homing puppy farm rescue dogs and dogs rescued from all over the place. Please visit their site and give them a thought.

Alison, Wilts, UK.

I sent Many Tears a box the other day - puppy pouches, treats, and some collars, etc. they really appreciated it.

Back