Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: sm

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default sm

    i relly do not now if i should let ruby (the 5 mounth pup) have it done.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    24,019
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    This is a decision only you can make, advised by a neurologist, and I know how hard it can be. You have a couple of perspectives now from those whose dogs have gone through the surgery. As with Rory's mom, I would agree that with severe symptoms at 5 months, you probably have little other choice than suregry, except to take a hospice role and try to relieve pain as much as possible for whatever time your pup will have -- though I know that is a very blunt assessment, I am sure it is also what your neurologist has said. There are very few options with this condition when it is severe. If the prognosis was good for your little Ruby, and the surgery is within your means, I personally would opt for it. If you are unsure about your neurologist's ability, then I'd advise considering Dr Rusbridge and contacting her as a matter of urgency.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •