• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fetch!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a little video I shot on my mobile phone of Jaspar and Leo playing fetch out at Dog Training Ireland's great facility. We were out there on Good Friday playing on the agility equipment (which you can see set up in the background). They love to jointly bring back this fetch toy :roll: -- you can see them both running back together. Then Jaspar has to 'kill' it. :roll: They could do this routine 200 times and never get tired. It's a Quicktime video.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/fetch.3gp

ROFL! How adorable. Chester loves to "kill" his fetch toys too and does the same violent shake like he's a crocodile or something.

That's also a lovely agility facility.

That's the classic terrier shake to break the neck of whatever they have in their mouth! :yikes . Funny thing is they would not ever pursue another creature and seem to have no chase or prey instinct outside of Leo being interested in deer. I walked them right past a woodrat once and not a response from either (believe me I didn't do it on purpose; it just emerged from a hedgerow). They aren;t interested in birds or rabbots or squirrels either but that fecth toy MUST be killed... :roll:

Tha facility is really nice with the whole thing covered in rubberised floor -- but what would make you laugh is to see where it is. It is a spare storage building on a farm out in the countryside near Dublin Airport. There's lots of calves and mums penned in the adjacent room and fields full of cows and a derelict 1800s farmhouse out the front door. There's a huge grain storage area next door as well. The old caretaker wanders around with his ancient collie sometimes -- George. And there's a ruined castle tower about 200 yards away as well. Very picturesque!! :lol:

This is adorable!! He's so serious about it! :lol:

I love that he's interested in deer. What the heck would he do with one?! :lol:

Abbey's only prey drive is with butterflies, and even then, she has good recall and will stop if I call her back. The little white ones that are always around the milkweeds facinate her. She loves bouncing after them!

SiânE likes to shake her pig’s ear but unfortunately she sometimes looses her grip and the pigs ear fly’s across the room.

The look on her face is priceless as she looks from left to right trying to figure out where it went. :lol:

The boys look great, you'll have to get a recording of them on the agility equipment next :D

I'm hoping to get my 2 into the next round of courses with DTI, for Codys recall if nothing else :lol:

Karlin, I LOVED watching the dogs carry the toy back together--very cute!
Where TEDDY was once tooo scared of any moving thing, he now bolts out the back door to chase the squirrels out of the yard and has funny encounters with the family of chipmunks that live out back---cornered one under the grill and chased it round and round!
But----on the scaredy-cat side---I took him out back off the deck the other nite to tinkle and he started his scaredy cat bark and back off dance because the hostas were sprouting out of the dirt about 2 inches in a place on the mulch that had been empty all winter!!! It was sooo funny

because the hostas were sprouting out of the dirt about 2 inches in a place on the mulch that had been empty all winter!!!

:rotfl:

Stephen they'd love having you guys out there. Cody's first foster Emma is usually out at the classes too and would love to see her I'm sure!

Hey, aren't you a clever girl!!! Tinking of doing that video!!!! :D It was great to see the boys at play.
Julie and the girls

For anyone interested, this is the toy they are retrieving:

http://petstages.com/viewpage.asp?id=146

They absolutely LOVE this toy -- it is far easier for a small dog to pick up, they like chewing on it, it is extremel;y durable, and you can throw it a very long distance more easily than a ball, because of the rope. I find most ball-on-rope toys are hard for cavaliers to pick up and the ropes are too long -- they stumble over them. This toy is perfect. Also because of its jack shape it bounces in unexpected ways. :)

I really love the whole Petstages line. Excellent, colourful but not ugly toys for pups, dogs and cats too. The dogs really like all their things.

Ooooh, I found this UK site with Petstages items!!

http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Rope_Toys.html

My guys also love that teether ring -- Jaspar has had it since he was a puppy and now they like to play tug of war with it.

I emailed Surrey Pet Supplies and they WILL ship to Ireland or the EU as well. b*n*n*

This is sooo good - Woody is destruct a dog so any tennis balls, soft rubber are a no no.... It is not far from me so will try to go on Saturday....

that was really nice to watch Karlin i just showed my chilldren they loved it . Thanks for sharing xx

that was really nice to watch Karlin i just showed my chilldren they loved it . Thanks for sharing xx

They look as if they are really haivng good fun there & I love the way they both hold the toy and run back together :lol:

Charlie shakes his toys until they are dead, his favourite being a cuddly kitten toy :roll: . Only thing is, he shakes it so hard that it goes flying out of his mouth - it's landed on Daddy's head and woken him up more than once :lol:

thats funny, my cav goes and fetches everything brings it back till we're just about to take it then runs for her life its so funny

Back