• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Urgent!!! 2 Cavaliers found in West Palm Beach

Kimmisue

**URGENT CAVALIER UPDATE**
Two Stray Cavalier King Charles Found in West Palm
Currently at Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control

Two stray adult Cavalier King Charles Spaniels have been found/dropped off at Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control.

Please click on these links to view them

http://www.pbcgov.com/SNAP/sdog/A1239037.htm
&

http://www.pbcgov.com/SNAP/sdog/A1239038.htm

If you know/own these two Cavaliers or have any info as to their owners, please make appropriate contact as directed by the above links. Here is the link to the PBC Animal Care and Control website http://www.pbcgov.com/SNAP/sdog/.

Why in the world didn't their owner put collars with an address tag on each of them? Sigh...Chester always has his collar and ID tag on no matter what.

I hope their owner gets them back soon.

Poor things; must belong to someone. I hope their owners are found. I'm sure regional rescue would help with these and the breed clubs should be informed too, though someone has probably done this already if this info is in circulation.

*****Update*****

I just received this email...

I wanted to update everyone on the urgent message I sent yesterday about the two stray/homeless Cavaliers at Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control.

My contact from the rescue organization that I work with checked on them this morning. She said that they were both adopted this morning. There were people waiting at the door! Apparently, there was an owner for these two, and they were contacted but never responded. Unfortunately, I am not able to find out who adopted these two precious Cavaliers.

If you are the new parents and are on my webring and are reading this, or you know the folks who adopted them, please know that I am here for ANYTHING regarding the transition to their new life. They are both welcome here at Coosa Creek's Camp Cavalier at any time, and you are welcome to contact me personally for any advice or help I can provide. If I don't know the answer, believe me, I will find out for you. If you are need of a good Board Certified Veterinarian who is highly experienced with Cavaliers and their needs, please contact me for that reference.

Thank you all for the outpouring of responses for these two young adult Cavaliers. I only hope their new lives and new adventures will wipe out any sorrow they may have experienced in their previous life. Thank you all, again.

Juli Drago, Coosa Creek Cavaliers
(561) 767-0616 / www.coosacreekcavaliers.com
Cavaliers make "Champion Companions" and are born with royal manners!

Sounds like they were deliberately strayed. :huh: Glad they have been sorted to a new home.

It blows my mind that someone would do that to these guys.

I know how much Reggie and Honey means to me.

If they did'nt want them anymore, why could'nt they have just taken them to the shelter..... anything could have happened... makes me soooo angry. :x

Claire said:
If they did'nt want them anymore, why could'nt they have just taken them to the shelter..... anything could have happened... makes me soooo angry. :x

This is why I am always so grateful to families that turn their cavaliers over to our rescue for placement if they are no longer able to care for them. My last few have been due to an enlarging human family and the lack of time for them. I always reassure them that they are being very selfless in doing what is best for the dog. It's hard on them but I commend them for making the difficult decision. I do NOT judge anyone for this. I am so grateful that they don't drop them off at a shelter or let them wander the streets hoping they will be found by someone.

Sorry Cathy - better to go to a group that replace such as yours - then instead of a shelter or being discarded - I don't think we really have anything like that here.... I would think more of a person if they still had their pets interests at heart if they could'nt care for them anymore.

Whatever possesses people to just let their dogs 'go wander' like that? Maxx has 'escaped' a few times and even though it's usually only aminutes before he is found again I am at my wits end until he's home safe :yikes . Charlie doesn't even bother trying to escape, I think he's just thankful to have found his forever home & never really tries to even go out onto the driveway :D

I panick when they are up the end of the garden and I cannot see them.... :yikes - plus we have two giant flood lights now so I can see them at night

Back