View Poll Results: Do you work outside the home?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, full-time

16 59.26%
  • Yes, part-time

2 7.41%
  • No

9 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of you work outside the home

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many of you work outside the home

I'm curious as to how many of us work outside the home. We both do, and have a dog walker come midday for Abbey. We also have two cats so she's not totally alone, however, we are planning on getting another dog for her--and us of course! We've run into problems when we've applied for applications for dogs due to the fact that we both work. I'm just curious to see how many people work outside the home as well.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm generally home, but I go off to do work-related things or spend a bit of time in the office quite regularly. The dogs would be home alone if I am going out in the evening, too, as I live alone. They are usually alseep in their room when I come home, though sometimes I can see they have taken toys out of their toybox and once I caught them wrestling on the bed. In this sense I would have more of a part-time work schedule as I am not home all day, every day.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

i work full time (40 hours a week) outside the home, as i'm also a single mother, but i have a fantastic neighbour who walks harry and ebony at lunch time for an hour along with her 2 dogs, i also walk them each morning.
    aswell as the walks they play in the garden too.

so, even though i work i feel that my 2 have a better life than some dogs who are ignored by their "at home" owners!!!

Post Thanks / Like

my situation is same as Jen ... I work out of home. I was in advertising but just changed jobs, now in marketing, so I'm expecting my hours will be better, closer to 9 to 5. The ad world is CRAZY hours. I too, have a dogwalker come mid-day for Bailey. I'm also considering doggie daycare. It's the same cost as my walker, per day, and with summer coming, I'd save on running the AC. I'm thinking of doing the doggie daycare maybe 2x per week, and keep the walker the other 3 days.

Post Thanks / Like

I work full time and have a 2 hour round trip journey each day... and studying on top of that!!
    Luckily my husband works very near to home and has a quite flexible schedule so it works well.

Post Thanks / Like

I left my job in the military (12yrs) because it was involving too much time away from home, my husband, and my 4yr old boy. I'm loving my "gap year" that I'm on at the moment until my son starts primary school. I've gone from probably one of the most structured work environments, to being a full-time mum, and housewife. Getting used to only one wage was difficult, but we're all more content now. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!!! I only plan to work part-time when Harry starts school, so I'll be able to spend time with him and little Maisie. Oh yeh, maybe even the husband.

Jo
    Maisie (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I work part time now but hope to give up work altogether this summer to be a stay at home mum. Can't wait

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I really admire those that make the decision to be a stay at home Mum. My Mum was one and I would never change a thing about our family life growing up! She gave up her job when I came along (being eldest!) and never looked back ....

I can't imagine staying at home full time..... I feel I'd miss the social interaction and grown up talk and being exposed to hugely different things each day. Never knowing what the day will end like ..... HOWEVER, I have no kids so maybe at some stage in the future if that changes, my views may also vary ..... I've seen it happen to some people I know and I know that I have different priorities today than I had say 4/5 years ago .......

The game of life huh .....
    Lorraine - I think the idea of the white picket fences and country living is nice but be careful what you wish for .... I had that (albeit traditional stone walls instead of white fences ) and living in Dublin for 7 years now, I much prefer it.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess the grass is always greener and all that. One thing we have going for us though, when we do make the move to the country, our kids will still be young enough to move back to Dublin if it doesn't work out. It'd be ten times harded to do if we had teenagers with friends and social lives. TG they are still babies.

Post Thanks / Like

being exposed to hugely different things each day. Never knowing what the day will end like .....
    That sounds like every day with a 4yr old

I always planned a long career without children. Even when pregnant I was going to send my child to a boarding school as soon as I could.............Wasn't quite expecting the maternal pull to be so strong. Oh how things changed!!!