• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How many of you work outside the home

Do you work outside the home?

• Yes, full-time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, part-time

• No

• Total voters
Can I just say......I know how hard it is to be a full time worker (12yrs of very very long hours), I know how hard it is to be a full-time mum, and I also know many people who are single part-time working mums. All of these have good, bad, and very unique points of their own, but we should all except those who's situations are different to our own. I used to think being a career girl was the only way, then I had my son. I then thought that being a full-time working mum was the only way, then I experienced separation anxiety etc. I 'm now living the full-time mum role, and that itself has problems (less money coming in, not as much mental stimulation etc). All are acceptable at the time that they are neccessary.... as long as we, and our close ones (human and furry) are happy. :luv:

i have a full time job, i'm a social worker for the county child protective services. so i get to work in the field a lot, and i don't have to punch a clock, so i'm able to not leave too early in the morning and can let Zack have breakfast and play and go outside in a leisurely way before i leave. some days i just work at home. I used to telecommute every monday and wednesday for about 10 years until i got a supervisor who didn't like it, but i just got a new supervisor who's ok with it, so i'll start doing that again, which means i'd be home all day once or twice a week. my office is only 4 miles from home, i can easily and quickly come home for lunch. It served me well as a single parent throughout my daughter's childhood and it's helpful with Zack. But he still is lonely when i'm not here and i will get another dog one day, when i find the right one, so they'll have each others' company. I work one night a week, til 9, i get home by 9:30, but i have a friend in the neighborhood who loves to take Zack for a walk on Thursday nights so this works out great for both of them.

I too am a single mother but I have been able to stay at home with my baby (and elder 2) as I have qualified as a Registered Childminder. I am therefore able to take my furry babies for walks every day as I am here. However prior to having my youngest I worked full time and my mum collected my dog for me and then my elder children from school so she wasn't home alone all day.

I have sympathies for you Harry's mom - I don't get any support from my baby's dad even though technically we are still married!! The elder 2's dad has a very understanding g/f and she ensures I get some maintenance every month.

It can be lonely staying at home to work as well as being single mother but I have perfected the art at talking to myself so I stay quite contented!! :p

Jo C said:
It can be lonely staying at home to work as well as being single mother but I have perfected the art at talking to myself so I stay quite contented!! :p

ha ha ha i know that feeling icon_whistling

the CSA are trying to get support, but everytime they catch up with him, he quits that job and the whole process starts again :swear:

i'm training to be a teaching assistant so i don't have to pay £***** for childcare every time the kids have a holiday from school icon_whistling
and i'll be able to provide extra support to mark too

Back