Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: sm

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default sm

    i relly do not now if i should let ruby (the 5 mounth pup) have it done.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    This is a decision only you can make, advised by a neurologist, and I know how hard it can be. You have a couple of perspectives now from those whose dogs have gone through the surgery. As with Rory's mom, I would agree that with severe symptoms at 5 months, you probably have little other choice than suregry, except to take a hospice role and try to relieve pain as much as possible for whatever time your pup will have -- though I know that is a very blunt assessment, I am sure it is also what your neurologist has said. There are very few options with this condition when it is severe. If the prognosis was good for your little Ruby, and the surgery is within your means, I personally would opt for it. If you are unsure about your neurologist's ability, then I'd advise considering Dr Rusbridge and contacting her as a matter of urgency.
    Cavaliers: Tansy : Mindy Connie Roxy Neasa Gus
    In memory: My beautiful Jaspar Lucy Leo Lily Libby


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts