Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sick Cav in Indy Pet Store

Post Thanks / Like

Please try to get help(humane society- animal control) for that lil one.. If they think it will be too expensive to treat they may just move it so no one can see her suffer. Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

That response is totally unacceptable!!! I can't believe the nerve of someone in the corporate offices to make that kind of response. Keep us posted. These peopel suck!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd print out that full response and send it to the head of the company and board members, if it is that large. If it is only a small local shop you should at least send it to the owner. I would fire anyone who treated a client like that.

I will bet that you can get a sympathetic journalist to follow up on that. Both because you as an informed vet tech made an informed judgement call on a sick puppy and were then fobbed off as if this was unimportant and not only that, treated with contempt. Making that public may do more to keep that store for getting customers or seelling animals than anything else. You can ring your paper and ask to speak to a journalist who might be interested ina story that raises serious concerns about treatment of live puppies in a local petshop. Let them know your professional background and how shocked you were at the conditions under which this puppy was hel and the response you got when you expressed your concern.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd print out that full response and send it to the head of the company and board members, if it is that large. If it is only a small local shop you should at least send it to the owner. I would fire anyone who treated a client like that.

I will bet that you can get a sympathetic journalist to follow up on that. Both because you as an informed vet tech made an informed judgement call on a sick puppy and were then fobbed off as if this was unimportant and not only that, treated with contempt. Making that public may do more to keep that store for getting customers or seelling animals than anything else. You can ring your paper and ask to speak to a journalist who might be interested ina story that raises serious concerns about treatment of live puppies in a local petshop. Let them know your professional background and how shocked you were at the conditions under which this puppy was held and the response you got when you expressed your concern.

Also try the local TV stations. At our paper many of us would see a good story in the tale you have told, and something deserving publicity to shame the store and raise awareness.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

The response she posted was from another person making a complaint. Not from Jane.

Any update, Jane??
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for clearing that up! I wish that response had come to me, I would have had that person's head! No, no response back from anyone. In fact, I have a few stops to make this afternoon (business) and plan to make a few more (dog related) along the way. I'll let you know what happens.

JaneB
    PS I'm also going to stop in and see how the little girl is doing.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope she's OK and made it through the weekend...

Good for you for doing this, Jane!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

You go Jane! I wish you the best of luck and know that all of us are behind you 110%!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

She's still "alive" but seemed ever so frail to me. They still haven't had her looked at by a vet, they seem to think she is just a "picky eater." I have an appointment in the morning with the Animal Control officer that is in charge of the area that the pet store is in. Hopefully, he will at least make a visit. SPCA was closed today so that is on tomorrow's list of places to stop. I am determined to get her some help. Keep your fingers and paws crossed that she can hang on a few more days.

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jane,,, you may be this lil girls guardian angel. Sandy