Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaspar's Big Fat Smelly Day Out

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Jaspar's Big Fat Smelly Day Out

During a walk with a friend and her dogs in the Phoenix Park Jaspar went right into his favourite pool of water, now basically a large mud wallow... shortly thereafter he found a nice wet deer pat and rolled in that. Spent the next hour collecting bits of leaves and grass that adhered to the mud and deer poop and his coat generally... then in a final triumphant move, on the way back to the car he found a mound of very dry horse poop and rolled in that, so it all adhered to everything else from his belly and legs down.

Here he is, delighted with himself:

Boy did he stink in the back seat on the way home. Needless to say he went straight into the shower for a thorough bath, and Leo right after.

Does anyone else's dog love to be blow dried? Jaspar always tries to stick himself in front of the stream of air when I am trying to dry Leo -- and positions himself just behind him too, to get the stray blast of warm air!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

BTW he is watching some people race one of those remote controlled toy cars -- he is fascinated by the buzzing sound of those and the remote control airplanes.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, now that's a dog that knows how to have fun!!
    What a way to indulge--he must have satisfied pretty much every urge he had!!

Can you imagine if we just let them be all stinky and mud/poop caked??! Really, sometimes I think about what if I just left the them AND the house the way they seem to like it.

And yes, Abbey loves to the hairdryer! I keep it on warm and use my hand as a buffer, she can't get enough of it.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Now that looks like one very happy pup!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Busta just barks at the hairdryer and the hoover .....

Post Thanks / Like

I had a horse poop "experience" with Maisie the other week, but forgot to take photos when we got home because we were too busy trying to get her in the bath. It makes me laugh how she daintly skips around muddy puddles (my friend says she's a princess who doesn't like to get dirty), and yet will quite happily roll herself in the steaming horse poop! Why do dogs like this?! When I was younger we had dalmatians, and during a walk one of them found a dead rat, covered in maggots and promptly rubbed its neck all over it. Now that was disgusting.
    Oh the joys of being an animal lover!!!!

Jo
    Maisie (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

That is so funny. Jaspar is normally so clean looking! The phoenix park is a wonderful amenity but the deer and horse poop are a pain. We were there at the weekend too and we spent the whole time trying to stop the dogs from eating poop. Disgusting I think I'd rather they roll in it!
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)

Post Thanks / Like

We read that it hids their smell for hunting, can't quite imagine my three hunting, but wolves, etc. do it in order not to be detected by what they are hunting.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that is one dirty dog! And it doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Jo - you're story about Maisie cracks me up. Oh mud..don't want to step in it...poop...let's roll in it!! What little characters they are.

Jake loves to be blow dried. When I'm drying Shelby he'll just lean into me trying to get in my lap. When it's his turn he curls up in my lap and just lays there loving it.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

My dog runs and screams when she see's a remote control car. Funniest thing you ever saw, so my son has to hide it from her or she will bark and bark until it is out of sight. She will even bark at the closet door if she knows it is in there. What a chicken!!!
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)