Thread: Acting differently to other Cavaliers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Acting differently to other Cavaliers?

Maisie has always been very "polite" to other dogs that we meet, and backs off as soon as the other dog warns her to do so. She's not nervous, but isn't really that interested in chasing and confronting other dogs, and would much rather play with the humans around. (attention seeking in her cute little pink collar) That is until she met a 7mth old ruby cavalier at our local walking area. She was like a completely different dog. I was cracking up laughing because she was so "in-your-face" and was very much the annoying toddler to the very sophisticated older lady. Is this because she just sensed that the other cav was a nice dog, or does anyone think it is because she recognised her as being like herself?
    By the way, the other dog is called Maddie and is absolutely gorgeous. It's really strange looking at them side by side and seeing what Maisie will look like in a few months. I plan on taking my camera with me now when I go out so I can grab a few photos.

Jo
    Maisie (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey goes for other Cavs right away. She'll run right across the dog park to greet them, she seeks them out for sure!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

If we go to the dog park and there is another cavalier (rare but has happened!) Jake especially will go right over to introduce himself. He is also very good at introducing himself to any puppy in the park. Shelby could care less!! She'll all about the people!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Busta loves everything, rotties, dobermans, GSD, big small anything he will go up to a few metres look at me and if I say okay he will go straight up, normally with the big dogs will go on his back to show he is submissive..... with the other Cavaliers he just looks at them and seems to know they are the same at him.... will be in their ears, licking their faces, Woody is a bit unsure of big dogs but is fine with same size dogs and Ozzy is great with all dogs and just a bit wary of people he does not know.

Post Thanks / Like

SiânE has always been nervous of meeting other dogs but her whole body language would change when she met another Cavalier or any spaniel.

I have notices it in other spaniels as well, well cockers and puppy Springer’s (the older ones are more aloof) they all seem to know they are spaniels first, dogs second.

I hate the fact that now SiânE eye sight is slowly failing she can no longer tell another Cavalier when she meets them.
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes - my cavaliers - especially my boy "Misha" will always find other cavaliers when they are around.

The first time he met my friend's English Toy they acted as though they were brothers! We were going to a local show - It was funny though how many people asked if the ET was the son of my cavalier.

My friend and I laughed and said that we needed to have shirts printed that said (for mine) "Cavalier" and for her "King Charles"
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

they all seem to know they are spaniels first, dogs second.
    I agree that is often the case!

Though Leo is rather taken with two little fluffy bichons in his obedience class!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com