• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Even more reason to microchip!

Though you wonder why a vet never scanned the cat 10 years ago or in the intervening years -- maybe the second owner never had hm to the vet? Most will routinely scan a new 'client'. I'd hate to get Jaspar back in 10 years!! :yikes Though I'd be delighted to see him of course. :lol:

Zack was seen by 5 different vets in three practices during the first month i had him and as far as i know, he was never scanned. Do they tell you when they scan the dog? i do think for the chips to really do what they're supposed to, vets should always scan a new patient.

I think they're SUPPOSED to scan for chips at a first visit. I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember seeing a space on the computer records for one of our dogs for a chip number. But then our vet knows how important we feel microchips are. When she heard about our last two litters, her comment was "I guess I better order some more microchips"!

Back