• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet Jack...

Nicki

As some of you know, we've had a very difficult year with our darling babies. We lost our precious Peaches in January and our gorgeous boy TedBear has just been diagnosed with moderate to severe COMS {Syringomyelia}. Rupert is already battling this horrid condition, fortunately in a milder form though.

A very special friend :lotsaluv: thought of us when she knew of a 4 year old Blenheim who was looking for a home.

Jack is 4 years 5 months old, has a clear, really strong heart, clear for everything else {Sire is 8 and Dam is 7 and both are heart clear, Dam has been MRI scanned for COMS and is clear}.

The best news though is that Jack has been MRI scanned clear for COMS {Syringomyelia.}

Jack has been shown, has been used at stud and sired some beautiful healthy pups, he did really well in the show ring and has his Junior Warrant BUT he is now sterile, so is no longer being shown and can't be bred from, hence him coming to a pet home.

Jack's breeder has scanned or is about to scan ALL of her dogs and bitches, I think this is wonderful and really hope that more breeders will follow her example. If we create a demand for scanned puppies, then breeders will have to follow that. {I know it's not so easy and more expensive in the US, but maybe we should be approaching the Cavalier clubs and asking them to help subsidise the cost of MRIs.}

Jack isn't so used to men, but Trevor {hubby} has been bringing him round slowly and he's already going to Trevor to ask to be picked up :D Jack also enjoyed a lovely tummy rub from Trevor this morning!

I took them all to the beach this afternoon so thought I would share a few photos with you

_MG_2053.jpg
_MG_2066.jpg

_MG_2054.jpg

He idolises big brother Rupert, and was following him around

_MG_2064.jpg

MY crab :D

_MG_2079.jpg
_MG_2076.jpg

In the garden

Jack1.jpg

Jack is definately a "keeper" and so majestically beautiful. A special kudo to you for taking him into your home :flwr:

Sheri

:w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

Oh Nicki, he is stunning and how wonderful that he has been MRI'd and
is clear and healthy.

I am so happy for all of you, Jack could not of been placed in a more
loving home than yours. :lotsaluv:

I am just so happy for you, you so deserve him.
That coat of his is stunning, likewise for Rupert and Tedbear.
Want to know your secret icon_nwunsure

This was meant to be and your special friend is someone you will
treasure in your heart for a very very longtime. :l*v: :l*v:

He looks like he has been with you forever.

I just love him, and it is such peace of mind for you to know that he
is clear and healthy.
He is smaller than Tedbear, how are the boys interacting with one another.
You sure are going to be a busy gal, lucky you get to skip that Puppy
Stage he is already trained and all.
You so deserve this Nicki and I am on Cloud Nine with hapiness for both
you and Trevor. :*nana: b*n*n*

:mexwav: :mexwav: :mexwav:

WoW Nicki, congrats to you!! He's very handsome, great coat!! He looks like he fits in famously, how perfect for everyone!! :D :D

Nicki, how delightful!! :wggle:

What a sweet boy; and the three of them all look perfect together! You must be having such fun getting to know him too. Yours all have such beautiful long coats (must be that Scottish weather... :) ). Congrats on this gorgeous new arrival.

:jump:

oh nicki, he's wonderful! what a great bunch you have. you are so right, if potential owners insist on scanning, that will be strong force to bringing it about. And i imagine it will probably be too expensive in the US without subsidies--subsidizing is a reasonable way of helping this breed to avoid and eliminate the suffering of SM, and the pain and grief for their loving owners.
What do the clubs use their funds for? could there be any better use?

nice photos!

Whooppeeee Nicki, I am so glad you have found another beautiful baby..... there is a reason for everything.
Lots of love to all your furbabies.
Licks and slurps from my guys. :flwr:

Oh Nicki he is soooo beautiful!!! You have a lovely furbaby family! It is great to hear of his clean bill of health. :D
Julie and the girls

What excellent news, Nicki. It sounds like a match made in heaven for both (all) of you. I'm sure Jack will bring you tons of joy, he is a beauty.:l*v: And isn't it a plus that he comes from such a dedicated breeder. You are so right about the whole testing issue. You, more than anyone, are sensitive to the need of early and continuous testing. Kudo's for all you do to get the word out. Best wishes for many years of fun with Jack. :lol:

JaneB

He is gorgeous and such a lush coat. Congratulations and I hope he brings you tons of extra love and doggy kisses!

Nicki -
He is gorgeous. Congratulations. :) I'm thrilled for you that you finally have a dog who you can trust will not get SM. This is the exact situation I would love to find to get another Cav for myself. Let me know if you hear of something like this again. ;) Even if it's in the UK.

Give all the pups love from me and Rory!

-kendall

Thank you so much everyone, you are all so lovely.

Lulu, you are a darling xxx

We are thrilled to have Jack, he is settling well and is so obedient - could teach Rupert a thing or two!!

I do think our weather may have something to do with the long coats, Rupert's definetly got thicker after moving up here. They also have sardines regularly, and Rupert has Evening Primrose Oil. If the coats are a bit dry, I give them a small knob of butter 2/3 times a week, that seems to help too. They are brushed every day too.

Kendall, I hope one day that everyone will be able to relax and not have to worry everytime their dog scratches or shows any vague symptoms. I know I would have been completely obsessive with any other Cavalier who hadn't been scanned - I would be very reluctant to have an unscanned dog again, just couldn't face that.

Of course it is the dogs who are the ones who really suffer :cry:

We were so lucky to be offered Jack - there are many people who would have liked to have him, but his breeder wanted him to go to someone who had experienced COMS and would appreciate a clear dog - and we were lucky enough to be the ones :D

I will keep an ear out for your Kendall - I think in time there will be a few around, ones that have retired from breeding programs etc, but competition for them may be fierce :(

Dearest Nicki,

It was wonderful being able to help you get Jack, :flwr: it was just so meant to be!

The photos are beautiful, we want more :D

Jacks breeder is indeed a wonderful, caring person. As Nicki has told you most of her dogs/bitches have been scanned and as to date all have been clear of SM. The remaining two beautiful pups and an young beautiful tri bitch are due to be scanned shortly. All are scanned before breeding.

To Nicki and I that is the most fantastic news that we can hear, and to own a clear scanned SM cavalier is like a winning the lottery! It means that those Cavaliers can lead a normal, painfree life without the agony of SM.

Please breeders scan your dogs.

Nicki I wish you from the bottom of my heart many, many years of wonderful, happy times together with him. You and I have both had some hard and painfull times, now it's time for the sun to shine again. Enjoy!

For indeed you are a special friend,

with Love,

Alison, wilts, UK.

Hi Nicki, He is absolutely gorgeous. It's great to know you don't have to worry about SM this time. I absolutely love his coat. Congratulations :mexwav:

Thank you Alison - I'm so glad you've owned up to being the perpetrator!!

:flwr: :flwr: you are wonderful and we shall be forever grateful to you and Debbie.

It's so lovely to not have to worry...Jack has done the odd scratch as all dogs do from time to time, and I've panicked and then thought, I DON'T NEED TO WORRY - it's a great feeling!!!

Hoping for sunnier days for you soon too xxx

You both deserve the Sun to shine upon you, the heartbreak that
you have both endured is overwhelming. :flwr:

I only wish the best for both of you and Allison I am sure your day
will come, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for contacting
Nicki and giving her the opportunity to get Jack. (y)
You are a wonderful wonderful person, and I know you will remain
in not only my heart but so many of us here on this board.
:lotsaluv:

god i cant beieve those pics, stunning is not the word those coats and fluffy tail, how on earth do u keep those coats looking so amazing.
you must be so proud of those beauties

My goodness, MRI cleared! That is marvelous. That breeder deserves an award and oceans of praise. I imagine that scanning breeding beauties for COMS prior to breeding is almost unheard of. Though Jack's breeder is too far for me to take "advantage" of, please pass along my heartfelt thanks on behalf of my little Dickens.

Jack is a sturdy handsome fellow. It must bring a lot of amusement into your life to have 16 paws scampering underfoot. Hugs to all the fur kids.

XXOO
Dorothy and Omlette
LIttle Dickens at Rainbow Bridge

What great news!! :wggle: I'm really happy for you, Nicki. Jack is truly stunning and he looks quite happy with you all. I'm sure you will all be very happy!

It's great to hear that he comes from such a reputable breeder. How wonderful it must be that you finally don't have to worry.

Congratulations! :flwr:

Back