Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay...someone give me the scoop on bully sticks

Post Thanks / Like

Typical lady don't you reckon Cathy - I have never lunged at Darren though...

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie is quite a chewer. She demolishes and eats most of the chew things too quickly, so bully sticks have become her main chew.

I've been getting the Red Barn brand from http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/ They don't seem to smell as much as the Merrill brand. (Although, it's a crap shoot...some hardly smell at all, others ...PU!) Then we give Pixie minty biscuits.

Just tell the hubby they're beef tendon.
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Post Thanks / Like

The smell is one issue, the thought of a kiss later is another!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    .... I mean Shelby is a total bitch about it. She will go grab Jake's from him and they lay down ON TOP of her own and chew his.....

great photos.

Post Thanks / Like

After this thread, i've been thinking about Zack's bully stick, the one he's had since the day i got him, i was thinking of how most of it is still there and it will probably last many more months, or a year, but it does have a gnawed on look, so i decided he should have a new one, so i got him a new long one today, brought it home, gave it to him, and PEEEEE EWEEEEUUU it really stinks. when he came over to give me a kiss, it was like, blecchhh, poison dog lips. I had to sneak it away when he was eating his dinner. I tried offering him a lamb flavored nylabone, but all he wanted was that new bully stick, he loved it. but i don't think so. that's the first one i've gotten that has any odor.

i guess from what you all have said, it's luck of the draw....I got them at store that has them in bulk, in bins, no brand names. I smelled it before i got it because i don't want to get any of the smoked flavored ones, and it had no odor. It was just after he started chewing on it that its perfume was released.

I would like to get the beef sticks but they seem to just come in the smoked variety.