Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jake bit me...again!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering if the cancer in his mouth is back and he's super sensitive--in the jaw/ear canal area and the combination of eating and removing the snood (he doesn't do it when it's being put on) is causing even more sensation as he doesn't seem to do it before when you put the snood on. I'm not trying to alarm you Cathy, with mentioning the "C" word, but just wanted to put it out there in trying to figure out what's bothering poor Jake.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

We had a much much smoother dinner tonight. I fed Shelby in the bedroom and let them have a few minutes after eating before opening up the door again. Jake actually had the time and interest in licking his bowl. Ususally he's so intent on scarfing down his food and in a frenzy. AFter eating I gave him his breath biscuit and some water. And then...dun dun dun dun...removed the snood without him snapping at me!! Hooray!! I guess the anxiety level was just too much.

What did I learn? That sometimes I just need to modify the situation rather than trying to force acceptance. It sure makes everybody much happier.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

that's good news.

Post Thanks / Like

What did I learn? That sometimes I just need to modify the situation rather than trying to force acceptance. It sure makes everybody much happier.
    This is so true!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)