• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kayla in Heat again!!

G

Gillian

Could someone tell me if our babies are supposed to feel poorly and go off their food when they are in heat???

Kayla seems to be a bit under the weather!

yes they generally do feel a bit under the weather...and can go off their food.

When did Kayla last have a season? If it's less than a couple of months ago, she might be having a phantom pregnancy.

If she's having heats at less than 5 month intervals, and especially if they are heavy and smelly, then there is the possibility of a chronic form of pyometra, so best to get the vet to check them over.

Hope this helps

She had her last heat about 5 to 6 months ago. the discharge is not smelly. She just seems very tired . Today she did eat her food. Yesterday she didnt want to eat. So I was a bit worried.
Thanks for your answer.
Gillian

I'd check with the vet if this continues. It may have nothing to do with being in heat and be a sign of actual illness.

Karlin

Thanks for your answers I will keep an eye on her and if it continues will take her to the vet.

Back