• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh Boy am I mad

Linda

:bang:

This is the second time in 1 week that I have been hit with Duty charges,
I received a gorgeous embroidered blanket from Roxanne which she
sent for Darby. When it arrrived I had to pay $24.30 Duty.

Last week I ordered some stuff from Petedge, it arrived today C.O.D.
Once again another Duty charge only this time it was $56.90 I refused
the shipment and sent it back.

I refuse to pay over $100.00 Cdn for one Mar Coat King and another
$100.00 for a Furminator.

My breeder actually informed me during my visit with Darby that all these
products are available here in Canada, just not in our local petstores.

So I have now finally found a Cdn Supplier, about an hour from my home
so I am going tommorow night to buy them directly.
Whew what a relief.
They even sell Belly Bands, and I have hunted high and low for them here in Canada although my good and dear friend Nicki sent me one of Ruperts.
Bless her she is thoughtful.
I am feeling ripped off and really mad.
Sorry had to vent, I was so looking forward to trying out the brushes.

wow. that's terrible. how do they justify a duty that's as much or more than the purchase price? What a disappointment to look forward to receiving your order, only to get burned on duties. Glad you found a local supplier. Maybe you can have them ship stuff to you, for a reasonable shipping cost. Glad you're getting your stuff.

That's really bad Lulu...I hope they don't charge you for the parcel with Rupert's belly band in :x

I'm so sorry what a shame when Roxanne was kind enough to send you something for Darby...and it's so frustrating over the brushes.

Have fun at the pet store though, that sounds wonderful...you better set a budget before you go though!!

Glad you will be able to get belly bands, hopefully you won't need them but it's better to be preapared.

Bruce H said:
Unbelievable!! Is that all of Canada or just Ontario?

As far as I understand that is all of Canada, the money grabbing beeps.
Seems postage is the way to go.

I know Nicki, I best leave my Credit card and Interac card at home.
I think I could do some major damage in that store, but they also ship.

I sent you an email about that Mar Coat King.

Hi Sweetie will e-mail properly later, have to get some lunch in a mo.

Maybe try the Furminator first...Peaches' didn't have that much coat, but I used to get quite a bit out with the Coat King.

If you can see them at the store, you will be able to see the length of the blades and judge which would be appropriate for Dudley's coat.

Back