• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi need some information

Hi every one . thanks for all the positive comments . Went out to see her yesterday she is a wee dote . But the woman wasnt ready to let her go so i am waiting for her to ring me and let me know her decision. :( . I went there with a little blanket and teddy ect but she just doesnt know what she s going to do. I left them with her after all if she does decide to let me have her the puppy would have them for comfort when she came to my house. I was so upset yesterday cos as soon as i seen her it was love so i couldnt bring myself to tell anyone but there is still a chance i will get her so fingers crossed.

Oh, that is very difficult. The woman should have made the decision before having you come to look at the puppy. I hope this will work out for you. :flwr:

That is not very nice, if she was not 99% sure why would she let you
come over.
Did she say when she was going to ring you, just a word of advice
when I went to see Darby last wkd. My breeder was telling me about
a lady who came to visit one of her tri puppies that she was going to keep and has now decided to let her go. She said she had a funny feeling about her and did not feel comfortable so she informed her right away
that she would not be selling her the puppy.

This lady hounded her on the phone for days, it got to the point that
she just stopped answering the phone. I know this is different as she
is a breeder but just a thought for you.

I am not suggesting this is the same situation, but please please Stacey
give her the space she needs. This could very well push her into a
emotional decision.

I still have everything crossed for you, and please please keep us posted.

Thinking of you.

I wouldnt even dream of hounding anyone . It is totally up to her . She rang yesterday and decided to keep the pup and when she is away she is going to leave her in kennels . I wished her the best of luck and offered my help if she needed it . Maybe it wasnt meant to be after all .But i wont stop looking until i find my doggy companion. :p

So sorry to hear of your experience but at least now you know and will be able to look for your very own special baby. Best of luck
Julie and the girls

I'm so sorry to hear this Stacey, you must be very disappointed and it's not very nice of the woman to have let you go and see the pup and then change her mind.

I'm sure there will be a special Cavalier out there for you, keep looking and we will all be looking for you too.

I was upset but what can you do it is her decision. My son was upset so we will keep looking . Will keep everyone posted and hopefully it wont be long and i can post the new addition. :p

Hello everyone, I am new to tis board so bear with me.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape from the puppy, you really shouldn't have a puppy when you know nothing of it's breeding or where it's come from. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I think perhaps that is the wrong perspective in this particular case. I agree that people generally don't want to buy a puppy from a breeder (and never a broker!) with no idea of whether the puppy has been bred for health.

But I have no issues at all with taking on a puppy or any dog whose background is unknown, and it would be a sad world if such puppies and adult dogs could not find their way into someone's heart. That is what rescue is all about, and that's what rehoming is also about, too. :) Lots of people have been made very happy with dogs who came from uncertain backgrounds -- for example, today I just homed Jack in the Breed Rescue section to a retired couple who are absolutely thrilled with him. Wherever he came from as a puppy, he certainly did not come from a stellar breeder -- that is easy to see for anyone who knows the breed. But what is important is that he was a dog looking for a home, and he found one where he will be greatly loved.

This puppy looked to be in a situation where he needed to be rehomed. That turned out not to be the case, but I've no doubt he would have been dearly loved, and his background in this case would not have mattered at all. :)

Stacey I am sure the right puppy will come along for you before too long.

I have to say i agree with you i dont have really any preferences on breed sex Ect its a companion for me and my family that i want. But i cant seem to get any near me and its been like that for months now and i am trying to get someone to give me a lift to see other dogs with no success. So i guess i will just have to wait. I dont think having papers or knowing the background of a dog is the important thing i think its the nature of the animal that matters. :p

The background of cavaliers is very important if you are buying one from a breeder. There's such a high incidence of severe and potentially costly medical issues -- in particular MVD -- that you want a breeder who cardiac tests breeding stock and health tests generally, and knows how to select the right pedigrees (all dogs bring some 'bad genes' into any potential mix and you don;t want to get two sets of the bad genes, nor do you want one of the parents to be known to suffer from any health issue).

The difference in life expectancy of a cavalier from breeder who breeds for heart health and one who doesn't can be a third the length of the dog's life, so this is a very significant element. Many dogs with early onset MVD die of heart failure by age 6 or 7.

That's why it is really important not to breed without understanding all the health and genetic issues, and why it is important to look for a breeder who breeds for health when seeking a puppy. Taking on a rescue dog or a dog needing rehoming is another issue, but I would never, ever go to a breeder who isn't knowledgable on health issues in the breed and working to keep lines as free as possible from ailments. (y) In Ireland it is very easy to end up with a puppy farm cavalier of extremely poor quality so anyone buying in this market needs to be very vigilant.

stacey said:
She rang yesterday and decided to keep the pup and when she is away she is going to leave her in kennels . I wished her the best of luck and offered my help if she needed it .

I know this is an oldish thread but I just wanted to say I totally relate stacey. We lost our dog 2 months ago and out of the blue a friend rang to say her mother was selling her cavalier. The reason was they had a child with a disability and could not keep the dog indoors. The lady felt bad and thought others could give him a better home. She'd heard about us and told Rebecca to ask us if we'd be interested. It just so happened that at the time I was down in Waterford, over 3 hours from where I live, and that's where the dog was. Seemed like fate. I got all excited at the thought but then she decided she couldn't part with him after all. I don't blame her... I thought it weird she wanted to sell, but it really brought back the longing for a new friend :)

Bruce H said:
Sounds like you already know the answer! Do you know anything about the breeder, the lines, etc.

BTW, in all the litters we have had, we have NEVER had someone come out to the house, look at the litter and the rest of the adults, and go home without a puppy. I've always said, puppies are as addictive as cocaine.

Oh come on now Bruce... how long have you had Cavaliers for and how long? Surely you know by now that you can have rehab for a cocaine addiction but you can't for Cav addiction - it just gets worse as time goes on :lol:

Stacey, I'm so sorry it didn't work out for your new pup but when the time is right, fate will intervene. It took me 18mths to find my Maxx and from the time we got him we'd been looking for another. We've had Charlie for 7mths now and Maxx is nearly 7! Don't give up hope :D

Hi every one i havent been on line for a while now cos i have been very unwell so trying to sort myself out . Unfortunately i didnt get that cavalier :? but i did get a pup who was in need of a home and even though he isnt a cavalier he is beautifull and has helped me these past few weeks. He is a lovely collie x jr and i got him from the pound . My sister and my brother took two aswell . :p So i hope me and max are still ok to visit ye and i hope some time in the future i just might get that cavalier pup i have been wishing for. Sorry i havent been updating this but i just couldnt get myself to get up to do much this last week or two.

Oh sorry to hear you haven't been well but glad you are feeling better! Also that's fantastic that you got a poundie, and that the pup will have friends from your brother and sister's dogs! Sounds like a great match all around. :)

Good for you for getting a poundie pup!! That's super news. And of course you're still welcome here!!

Thanks . I just went out to pound by chance and there he was he has been great company for me while i was sick . He is great . Made his home out of the kids play house out the back. He will not sleep inside the house he likes sleeping out side he was used to it where he lived before. He is nearly house trained a really great addition to the family my kids love him. Even my hubby is loving the way he sleeps at his feet when he is on the computer he has a really soft spot for him . icon_whistling .

i'm really happy for you and doggie max Stacey. collies are a favorite of mine, and any version of them. if you can post a photo of him, please do.
your cavalier will come along some day too when the time is right. glad you're feeling better enough to return...

Back