Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi need some information

Post Thanks / Like

Hi every one . thanks for all the positive comments . Went out to see her yesterday she is a wee dote . But the woman wasnt ready to let her go so i am waiting for her to ring me and let me know her decision. . I went there with a little blanket and teddy ect but she just doesnt know what she s going to do. I left them with her after all if she does decide to let me have her the puppy would have them for comfort when she came to my house. I was so upset yesterday cos as soon as i seen her it was love so i couldnt bring myself to tell anyone but there is still a chance i will get her so fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, that is very difficult. The woman should have made the decision before having you come to look at the puppy. I hope this will work out for you.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

That is not very nice, if she was not 99% sure why would she let you
    come over.
    Did she say when she was going to ring you, just a word of advice
    when I went to see Darby last wkd. My breeder was telling me about
    a lady who came to visit one of her tri puppies that she was going to keep and has now decided to let her go. She said she had a funny feeling about her and did not feel comfortable so she informed her right away
    that she would not be selling her the puppy.

This lady hounded her on the phone for days, it got to the point that
    she just stopped answering the phone. I know this is different as she
    is a breeder but just a thought for you.

I am not suggesting this is the same situation, but please please Stacey
    give her the space she needs. This could very well push her into a
    emotional decision.

I still have everything crossed for you, and please please keep us posted.

Thinking of you.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldnt even dream of hounding anyone . It is totally up to her . She rang yesterday and decided to keep the pup and when she is away she is going to leave her in kennels . I wished her the best of luck and offered my help if she needed it . Maybe it wasnt meant to be after all .But i wont stop looking until i find my doggy companion.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear of your experience but at least now you know and will be able to look for your very own special baby. Best of luck
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry to hear this Stacey, you must be very disappointed and it's not very nice of the woman to have let you go and see the pup and then change her mind.

I'm sure there will be a special Cavalier out there for you, keep looking and we will all be looking for you too.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I was upset but what can you do it is her decision. My son was upset so we will keep looking . Will keep everyone posted and hopefully it wont be long and i can post the new addition.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, I am new to tis board so bear with me.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape from the puppy, you really shouldn't have a puppy when you know nothing of it's breeding or where it's come from. Sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think perhaps that is the wrong perspective in this particular case. I agree that people generally don't want to buy a puppy from a breeder (and never a broker!) with no idea of whether the puppy has been bred for health.

But I have no issues at all with taking on a puppy or any dog whose background is unknown, and it would be a sad world if such puppies and adult dogs could not find their way into someone's heart. That is what rescue is all about, and that's what rehoming is also about, too. Lots of people have been made very happy with dogs who came from uncertain backgrounds -- for example, today I just homed Jack in the Breed Rescue section to a retired couple who are absolutely thrilled with him. Wherever he came from as a puppy, he certainly did not come from a stellar breeder -- that is easy to see for anyone who knows the breed. But what is important is that he was a dog looking for a home, and he found one where he will be greatly loved.

This puppy looked to be in a situation where he needed to be rehomed. That turned out not to be the case, but I've no doubt he would have been dearly loved, and his background in this case would not have mattered at all.

Stacey I am sure the right puppy will come along for you before too long.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say i agree with you i dont have really any preferences on breed sex Ect its a companion for me and my family that i want. But i cant seem to get any near me and its been like that for months now and i am trying to get someone to give me a lift to see other dogs with no success. So i guess i will just have to wait. I dont think having papers or knowing the background of a dog is the important thing i think its the nature of the animal that matters.