Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daisy Boo's Luxating Patella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Joanna any news on Daisy Boo? How is she doing?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,
    I wasn't online yesterday so only saw everything just now. Thanks for all the good wishes.
    Daisy Boo had her surgery yesterday and they told me it went very well. He is going to change the dressings tomorrow and depending on how it looks I either get her back tomorrow or Sunday.

Karlin, I'll PM you about the crate and if you are available come to pick it up.

Yvonne, thank you so much for your kind offer. I'll PM you during the week and maybe arrange a visit for the following week if it suits you. I'm really curious to see if Holly and Twinkle remember each other

We're just looking forward to getting her home now. They tell me she's eating ok and is in good form which is amazing because she never eats for me!

I'll update you all as soon as I get her home.

Thanks everybody for all the support, it really means a lot to us. I'm so glad to have found this community.

Have a great weekend,
    Joanna
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great news! I am sure she will do really well. Yes, they often eat surprisingly well when they haven't prepared the person for manipulation earlier...

You can get the crate any time. If I am heading in your direction I'll also let you know.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So pleased to hear that Daisy Boo came through the surgery well. Best of luck for when she comes home. I'm sure she will be fine.
    I can remember when our boy had his knee done- I'm talking a long time ago now-(he was one when he had it done and lived till he was 13 and got his wings 31/2 years ago)-I thought that he would never walk properly again when he came home but within weeks you never have known that he had had it done. try not to worry tooooo much (I know that is hard though)
    Julie and the girls

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear everything went well. Keep us posted on her progress.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

HI all,
    We got Daisy Boo home yesterday and she's doing well. We are crate resting her most of the time and so far it has worked out well. We bring her out for a few minutes on the lead to go to the toilet and besides cuddles on the couch she is back in the crate. She is being so good and quiet and we are just happy to have her home. The weather is a pain in the backside though - she hates the rain at normal times and it was so hard yesterday, I've never been so relieved to see a dog pee. Everytime I brought her out she just wanted back in!

It's hard to see her shaved too - it would break your heart. I hope her coat grows back quickly. The wound is quite small compared to the area they shaved. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support,
    Joanna
    Joanna, Daisy Boo(ruby), Twinkle(tri), Brandy(blenheim rescue) and himindoors (mutt)

Post Thanks / Like

i'm so glad you got her back home. i know what you mean about the rain. it's raining here too and zack won't go out. i put wee wee pads everywhere.
    good luck with that. welcome home daisy boo!!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally know what you mean about her being shaved. This is the link to Rod's website with a picture of Shelby. http://www.cavalierhealth.org/patellas.htm

I cried when they brought her out to me...she looked so pathetic. But that girl is a trooper. She was such a good girl. I guess we were blessed with very little rain for that period
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    ...I cried when they brought her out to me...she looked so pathetic. But that girl is a trooper. She was such a good girl. I guess we were blessed with very little rain for that period
    Aw. i've seen this photo before, but its impact is just as strong as the first time. How sad, yet she still looks so beautiful somehow. Having her photo made in her little pink cast and her heroic looking cone collar, and her beautiful coat, what's left of it, it's a poignant and sweet photo. How long ago was the surgery?

Post Thanks / Like

Joanna i am sending the best of wishes to you Daisy Boo and the rest of your family. I have everything crossed and hope for the very best. Please keep us informed.
    Angela & Joey