Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOMED: "Jack" king of the world

Post Thanks / Like

Default HOMED: "Jack" king of the world

Hi folks,
    Just a little update on my lovely foster boy "Jack". He really is the sweetest dog, I can't believe no-one has been looking for him. He follows me everywhere, I can't even go upstairs for a second without him following me up. I think he's afraid I'm gonna run off when he's not looking. Star is still pretty put out by the whole thing but she's coping and they co-exist without any hassle. Here's a pic of the two of them, it's not great quality cos it's with my fone but as you can see, he seems very happy and content now. Jack's closest to the camera and Star is the one staying well out of his way.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...e78/scorps.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

sorry, hope it works this time

[img][/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Jack is just gorgeous...I really don't understand how he could have ended up in the pound

I'm sure he will be very happy in his new home, he sounds a lovely boy.

Poor Star, lots of extra cuddles and I'm sure she would enjoy a companion, it sounds like she's getting used to him already
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Default cute jack

jack is gorgeous. i offered to take but i was too late. am v. jealous!!!
    enjoy the rest of your time with him.
    brid
    BK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

He certainly looks master of his domain! Star has such a cute little face; I notice too she is higher up than him.

I'll be making arrangements for him to be collected on the weekend. I'll contact you with details. Does having him around make you think about a second?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

That's grand Karlin. I've to leave on Friday evening for the weekend but Ger will be around for whatever arrangements are necessary. Jack definitely has made me think of getting another cav but I think Star would find it easier if it was a younger dog than her so she could boss it about. She's genuinely timid around Jack and Ger, who just came back from a three day business trip today, says he thinks she's a little depressed.

I asked Kildare radio station to put out a notice just incase anyone who's looking for him heard it, but no word. Also I thought he looked very like a tri-colour who lives around the block from us and funnily enough when I was out walking him today, I met the owner who said he bought his dog from a breeder in Naas - which is near where Jack was found. He's gonna give the breeder a call just in case he knows anything. But it seems nothing but a miracle is gonna find Jack's real owner who I just can't believe is not looking for him. His behaviour says that he knows nothing but a very loving home and I just hope that some elderly person isn't missing their best friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know; the people who found him posted to local vets and shops and called guards etc but no response.

I may well be able to collect him on Friday; not quite sure of the arrangements yet.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Okay let me know Karlin. I'm working tomorrow and Friday so they'll be on their own for the first time. I've arranged for the dog walker to bring them both out so that should break up the day. I could wait around on Friday evening depending what time he's getting picked up at. I would like to say goodbye to him properly. Hopefully I'll see him again at the Phoenix Park meet up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much to Jack's great fosters for looking after him so well til he could go to his new home yesterday.

He has moved in with a retired couple in Dublin. After spending 10 minutes snuffling around the front room and the kitchen, and then a tour of the back garden, he settled down to play with his new toys and everyone looked pleased as could be when I left. The extended family were already all making plans to drop in and see him throughout the rest of the day.

Here he is having a sniff around the grass before I took him over to meet his new family. It was hard to get him to lift his head up, there were so many interesting smells in the grass!

I got to meet Star too, the pretty cavalier girl eyeing up jack in the top photo. What a pretty dog! Very sweet. I don't know if she was happy or sad to see her short-term boyfriend move out!
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done and thank yo to everyone involved in Jack's rescue, fostering and rehoming - it's lovely to read such a happy ending.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org