Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neutering...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Neutering...

Bruce and other chaps on the board, please cross your legs NOW!!

Poor Jack is going in to be neutered tomorrow He has been used at stud so we think it's the fairest thing as he will not be having any more girlfriends {he is sterile anyway}.

Jack and TedBear have been trying to establish who's boss, but they are so evenly matched - TedBear is bigger and has more testosterone as he's younger, but Jack is heavier and more experienced - that they can't seem to sort out who should be boss.

So we are having frequent boxing and mounting sessions, which really are not a goood idea for TedBear with his COMS...

We really thought he would just submit to Jack, as he's always been so easygoing...but he had other ideas

Please think of Jack tomorrow...and I'll post when we get home, hopefully mid afternoon UK time.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good luck Jack! You'll drift off and when you wake up, no more worrying over the fishing tackle! You'll be nice and aerodynamic!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck little man!!!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It'll be all right Jack, we won't think any less of you.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhhh Jack - don't worry you want even notice them missing. We are going to get Ozzy done soon (have to save a bit as it costs 220.00 GBP at our vets).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yikes, for a neuter? That is three times what mine charges and mine would be one of the pricier in Dublin.

Have you phoned around? Or spoken to Dog's Trust about their neuter schemes? Often the SPCAs will hold clinics for low cost neuter as well.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone - and Bruce, Jack says he's very pleased to hear that LOL

Jack is fine - the nurse said he was fine until he saw me and then he got a bit shaky LOL He was very pleased to see me. He had a couple of molars that were a bit plaquey so they've cleaned those up too, but other than that was great.

He is a bit cold and shaky now so is wrapped up in a blankey on the couch cuddled up to hubby. I've been dosing him up with homoeopathy and rescue remedy, I'm sure he'll be up and about and bouncing in no time!! Keeping him quiet will be the problem!

Claire, I haven't got my bill yet...they are sending it on, but I'm sure it isn't anything like that much. I guess you are in an expensive area for vets, but do think about Karlin's suggestions. Hugs for all the gang, especially Ozzy - tell him it's ok, Jack says the "aerodynamic" look is in this season

Post Thanks / Like

Something we do with puppies if they feel a little cold is to warm a heavy towel in a microwave. Works very well. Just be careful not to leave it in too long or you can scortch or burn it; takes a little trial and error to start with.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Bruce, I put a hot water bottle under him for a bit {with a cover on and under a blanket} - but this is a good idea, will remember that for the future.

He's fine now, ate a small amount of Naturediet for tea {chicken and rice, so gentle on the tummy} and has settled in a crate in the sitting room!!

Post Thanks / Like

omigosh. i'm so glad Jack made it through ok. Zack is scheduled for Saturday morning and i have such a feeling of dread. how come they get cold? i'm so worried about him. he's not used to being in a crate at all anymore. I'm having it done Saturday so i can be with him all day Sunday, and i can probably be wiht him all day Monday too, just to help him stay quiet and safe. It's really freaking me out. i had two other dogs and my cat spayed and didn't think twice about it. the cat seemed pretty affected by it for a couple of days. i don't remember the dogs having any reaction.
    i hope zacky's going to be OK. No dog park for him for a while i guess. I wish it was all over, the surgery and the recovery. i don't know what to expect. but it's reassuring to hear about Jack and that he's ok. do they need pain pills? do they have trouble peeing? someone at the dog park said they are swollen for a while. how long? does it need ice on it? thanks for the idea about the towel in the microwave. What kind of homeopathic remedies are helpful? My vet is holistic and i hope she can recommend some remedies, but i don't think she's up on that. The other doctor in that office is, and i could've had him do the surgery last Tuesday, i had an appointment but i chickened out and cancelled it, that was the second or third one i cancelled. I decided i want him to have it done by the doctor who saved him from his eternal diarrhea and vomiting back in March. Of the three vets i called, this one is the most expensive, $200. 220 pounds is astronomical.

I guess i should give him arnica montana, right? what potency? my own doctor told me that all the plastic surgeons in Beverly Hills have their patients take arnica post op because of its known promotion of rapid wound healing.

i think i need a librium or something. wake me when it's over...