Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Declan

Post Thanks / Like

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. You will never ever forget Declan but the pain will get easier in time. Cherish your special memories as they are yours forever.
    Angela & Joey

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to everyone for their kind responses - I've drawn lots of comfort from them.

We collected Declan's ashes from the pet crematorium today and are keeping them safe until the weather is nicer. Then we're going to scatter them at a beauty spot he enjoyed.

I've put a photo of Dec as the wallpaper on my work computer and every so often, I stare at him and shed a few tears.

I'm sure he is running free and loving it.

Cailean is a little bit withdrawn, but he's stopped searching for Declan in the wardrobes now. I'm not sure whether or not we will get a companion for Cailean, as he basically hates dogs! He liked Declan because he knew him.

We are giving Cailean lots of love and fun, and trying to help him move on. He is also a wonderful comfort.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you too at this difficult time. Declan will always be a special part of you and your family and he rests peacefully now.
    Julie and the girls

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so so sorry that you losted Declan, I am sure he is at peace now and God Bless him making the heartbreaking decision for you.

Thinking of you during this very difficult time, may time heal you.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry about your loss.... never forget the happy times.....

Post Thanks / Like

i found nicki's post very moving. may you and caillean find peace and comfort and lots of love in each other's needs for affection and closeness right now.

getting another companion for caillean sounds like something to take time in considering, one of those choices in life that is not cut and dried or easy to know what's right. lilfe is so amazing, always rich and complex with choices and challenges. maybe if caillean was used to Decci, he could get used to another dog and enjoy the companionship. at the same time, if he hates other dogs, you are right to go slow in thinking about it. it sounds like you are very sensitive to his needs.

take care misty, wishing you comfort and peace and lots of happy memories to ease your grief

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Declan, I hope your heart is less heavy now and that your memories of him are all wonderful ones

My Maxx is 7 in August and I treasure every moment we have together xxx

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss of Declan. Hope his memories bring smiles one day as the pain lessens. It is so very difficult to loose such a dear friend. How peaceful his death was at your sides.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone.

We are gradually adapting to life without Declan. The tears have mostly turned to happy memories.

I got married 2 weeks ago. The day after the wedding I took a cream rose from my wedding bouquet and wrapped a sequin in it and left it nestled in a fir tree close to where Declan passed away.

Cailean is loving the attention of being an 'only' dog at times, but other times he looks very wistful. He won't eat alone anymore, but I think that's natural, as he was obviously used to eating with another pack member. We now bring his bowl into the living room, so he can eat in front of us. Cailean seems better with other dogs now, but only when he's not on his lead.

We have room in our hearts, our home and our lives for a companion to Cailean, but it would have to be a dog in need. We still have mixed feelings though and will leave it to fate for the moment.

Thanks again to everyone - your thoughts have helped so much.

xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I will always believe that the dog that is meant to be yours will and does cross your path at the right time as well as when it is the right human and right time we cross their path. Hoping as time heals that your path is crossed at just the right time with the perfect little fur ball that needs you as much as you need him!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......