• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rain? What rain?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure some of you also have dogs that baulk at the front door when they see it is raining outside. Mine have no choice -- they STILL have to go out for a walk as I don't have a garden for them to use to do their business! If Jaspar's last walk was a reluctant one in the rain, he will suspiciously stick his nose against the ground-level mail slot in the front door to see if it smells like rain outside before thinking of a walk again. :roll:

So how come they will INSIST on running around in the rain if we are in the park? 8) On Friday I got them all ready for a trip to the park and just as we got in the car it started to rain. I thought it might stop so drove over there anyway but it just rained even more. The dogs were barking to get out so out we went. I thought they'd want to get back in, but no. To top things off Jaspar of course found a nice ditch with a nice mucky swamp of a puddle and ran right down into it. :shock:

So here they are, two soggy little dogs, happily eating grass in the rain. :sl*p:

150719092_bf4c76e06f_m.jpg

How cute!! I love how Abbey looks when she's wet! She loves the rain as well, although after the rain stops and the worms come out, she's in heaven!! :lol:

karlin said:
So here they are, two soggy little dogs, happily eating grass in the rain. :sl*p:

150719092_bf4c76e06f_m.jpg

:lol: My 6 are exactly the same! They LOVE eating long grass when it is raining. But ask them to go out in the wet back garden to do their business... :yuk: NO chance!
Love the photo!

Joey refuses point blank to go out in the rain. I have to literaly pick him up and put him down out on the street. He stands right at the door with his nose in the air as if saying "Im not going out in that. Im of royal breeding you know" !!!!

Ok, this thread made me LOL!! Our tri Murphy HATES to go out in the rain. He only goes with a big push out the door. Then he does a beautiful ballerina impression walking on his tippy toes so as not to get his feet too wet!

I've gotta get a good shot of pathetic goof Teddy next time it rains.
Last week, we had steady rain and I put his Land's End blue rain coat on and he just FREEZES in the kitchen..will not budge...looks like a statue as I pick him up and put him OUT. On the deck he proceeds to NOT proceed anywhere....just stands like a statue getting his head soaking wet as well as his tail.......That STUBBORN boy held his pee and poo ALL DAY! I got home from work and he finally relieved himself outside.
Oh, and the sun was out by then.

We tried using rain coats. Here's our Duffy embarassed beyond his limits. The look on his face says it all!

duffyraincoat2.jpg

[/img]

that's a beautiful refreshing looking picture of leo and jaspar in tall wet grass. I don't know why they don't like the home rain but they like the park rain--unless it's something to do with the altered state of consciousness dogs go into when on an outing to some place they really love. some kind of transformation is going on.

Here's our Duffy embarassed beyond his limits.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I nominate that the picture of the day. Too funny!! What a hilarious raincoat though!!

Do any of you find it frustrating that raincoats for dogs cover their backs but rarely are designed to cover their chest? My poor guys get soggy from legs to chest -- that's what I'd like to keep dry. I know you can get those wee wee jackets that show people use to keep the males from weeing on their front feathering but I think those would be too embarrassing for Leo and Jaspar... :shock:

SianE hates the rain, refuses to walk through puddles. In fact the only time I hate walking SianE and my brothers dog is when it’s been raining as SianE will spend the whole time trying to avoid the puddles while her cousin the cocker will spend all her time trying to plough right in to them. I end up with sore arms from the two of them zig zagging from side to side across the pavement

I bought SianE one of these coats, I like them because they are quite loose around the middle but keep the tummy dry and they look like a dogs coat and not one of them designer jackets. They also have the loops at the back to keep the coat in place.

http://www.all4dogs.co.uk/acatalog/Paris_Dog_Coats.html

Karlin-
Teddy has a nice jacket that has a collar and a velcro strap that wrap over his tummy. It is quite nice and keeps him dry from neck to tail--chest and tummy all covered. It is from Land's End and also has reflective stripes on it---He is just a big baby in it. I'll try to get a photo of him in it...It is supposed to storm Friday.
Nancy
NJ

that yellow coat pic is toooooo funny... i love it
my pup jasmine loves to go out in the rain i have a little coat for her and she knows she looks lovely in it, i remember the first time i put it on her as a tiny pup i strapped all her legs in too by accident and when i sat her down on the floor she just fell straight over, me and my mum almost passed out laughing she was soooooooooo cute looking, but didnt get hurt at all its very well padded. :D

Back