Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neuter questions

Post Thanks / Like

when i got King neuteredi only took a couple of hrs....the had me drop him off in the morning, bout 9am (then make me wait all day w/o my baby i was so worried) then they called bout mayb 5 that he just woke up.... he had to surgical staples (didnt need any cone or nuttin) he just gave me some pain medication just incase King started to get some pain....never did and King never even knew that he was missin anyting and never paid attention to that spot while the staples were in....then bout 10 days l8r brought him in (could sware only 30sec) to get the staples removed and he was back to his normal self....

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty pleased with my vet. He is VERY reasonable with pricing. I had an after hours emergency visit and it cost me 50$ and that was the medication and injections included.
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

Jeni,
    Wow, Joey's neuter seems to have gone really well! I hope Riley's goes as well. My vet is more pricey, but then again so i everything where i live. I am feeling better about Riley's neuter in 2 weeks. Everyone's stories were very helpful. Thanks
    Laura (Momma to Riley, 3 yr. old male)

Post Thanks / Like

So glad to hear Joeys neutering went well. It really is very worrying. I was in tears the morning i dropped my Joey off. It really isnt as bad as we think though. You can relax now
    Angela & Joey

Post Thanks / Like

it's exactly a week since zack's neutering. His wound is healed. It healed fast, and he was his normal self by the second day. The first day after, he was happy and showed no pain, but was quieter than usual, physicially, not as active, he guarded the wounded, only tried to jump up on the couch once, but otherwise seemed happy, playful, good appetite, no problems. At least in our experience, the internal sutures have been a good thing, just in the sense that we don't have to go back and have them removed, although that is a simple quick thing. anyway, i have a reinforced good feeling about the vet i chose, the woman, not the practice, just another good experience of her competence. But i also think this is such a simple procedure, i would be happy with either of the other vets i know as well. The thing that made it traumatic for me, two things, was the way i was treated by the main person i dealt with, who took him from me and didn't let me say good bye before the surgery, refused to let me, and then telling me negative things when i picked him up, while at the same time handing me a bill for almost $400, and telling me how at risk he was for infection, and how likely he was to be in pain and in need of pain meds around the clock, and this all left me feeling afterwards like things had somehow gone wrong, but actually, other than the bill and the negative ignorant insensitive woman, nothing went wrong, it was smooth and easy and i'm glad it's over.

after the big deal that woman had made about how zack had to wear the cone on him head for 5 days 24/7, on the third day, in the morning, i happened to notice him licking his wound while wearing the cone. The only time i had him wearing it was when i was sleeping at night so for all i know he was lickign the wound the whole time during the night. I called the vet office and was told (by one of their nice people) that apparently he had been given a cone that was too small and that i should come in and get another one.
    So after all that, their office had not fit him properly and he wasn't protected from licking after all. right here i need an emoticon for "shaking my head." LOL. I asked her, "What about him licking the wound? I was told that would be highly dangerous." She said, "oh, not for just one day." But this was the 3rd day. I didn't bother mentioning this. I just took the new much bigger cone and brought it home.

I put it on the coffee table, along with the smaller one. a little later, Zack was up on his hind legs, sniffing the new big cone. I put it on the floor so he could check it out. he then put his head through the opening and proceeded to put the cone on his head! he got it on and started prancing around the room in it. !! He liked it. (shaking my head again, laughing.) He never did seem bothered by the other one, and seemed to like it when i put it on him, sitting still and sort of pushing his head through it. After all my thinking it was a hardship for him to have to wear it. He wore it proudly for an hour or so, playing, watching TV, going about his business, while wearing his new cone. I took it off when it was time for dinner. when i went to bed that night and put it on him, i didn't feel bad about it anymore.