• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is there any cure for this?

judy

Just in the past two or three weeks, as Zack has been lifting his leg to pee more and more, just about every time, when he pees, it shoots all over his front feet and legs and his chest. I've seen it go all over his feet when he's been squatting before too. That thing just really squirts it out there. I never had a male dog before. is this normal? i don't like it. do i have to give him a bath every time he pees, or leave him covered in it? Is there any way he can learn not to do this? i dont see how. It doesn't seem to bother him.

Some boys have really bad aim. But I found with Jaspar that it took a while for him to get the hang of cocking his leg. he is a very clean cavalier and rarely hits his feathering; Leo is sloppier and almost always wees on his front legs. I trim a bit of his belly hair back so it doesn;t get hit every time he wees.

Byron's gotten better with his aim as he's gotten older. What I used to do when he hit his belly feathers or legs was wipe the affected areas down with a baby wipe as soon as we got back inside...kept him from getting smelly.

King is a squatter, so sometimes he hits his front legs or even chest..but i found that Bio-Groom makes a waterless-bath spray that really works....just spray, lather, dry, and brush and he's as clean as he was b4...then i dont hav to worry bout that pee smell :yuk: try 2 find it, it really works!!!

well, it sounds like there may be hope that zack will get better at it. It doesn't seem like anything i can train him to do. Actually, the past two days, he has done better, much better. too soon to tell if that is coincidence or if he's getting some control over it. It only just got bad in the few days before. He'd never hit his chest before a couple of days ago. Today and yesterday, sometimes he completely missed everything but the grass. :rah:
That's one thing i never went through with a female dog.

kingofthehouse--thanks for the tip about the dry shampoo. How can that work?

well judy and angela go to http://www.biogroom.com/ go to dog products/shampoo/waterless shampoo to read up on it....i t really works between baths...just spray on dirty area/whole body...lather up and dry wit a towel...King always looks good after the spray...try it out :)

My friend has a male to and she used to cut the hair around his willie for cleanliness, then i thought maybe i should do that, so asked my vet and he said that the hair is there to direction the flow so he doesnt wet himself!!!

Fi said:
My friend has a male to and she used to cut the hair around his willie for cleanliness, then i thought maybe i should do that, so asked my vet and he said that the hair is there to direction the flow so he doesnt wet himself!!!

Oh! Maybe this has just gotten worse since Zack was neutered and they cut some of the hair off 'down there.' Now that you mention it, he did have a lot more hair on the tip of his, um, shaft before. I bet if he had more hair on it like before, it could slow down some of that jet like force that is projecting the urine so far forward.

There's an incline in my yard and this morning, at first Zack put his front paws higher on the incline as he prepared to pee and i thought "Yay, it will flow away from his front feet," but then at the last minute he changed direction and had his front feet lower. As the pee flowed along the ground into his front paws, he did show some sign of not really wanting it to do that because he lifted or moved one of his front paws, but then he saw it was futile and he gave up. I wonder if i could train him to pee wiith his front feet up on a step.

but i have real hope that when the hair completely grows back on his johnson, that may actually moderate the problem.

i must say, knock on wood, that the past few days it's mostly just hitting his feet and the ground, and not the lower front legs and chest as it was for a day or two there--maybe he's learning to aim??

i guess that's true...sometimes when King goes, on the pads or outside, sometimes there is a little puddle on the ground that hits his paws so i do have to wipes his paws.....i guess there really isnt anything to do bout that...just keep wipes after his paws get wet

Back