Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much fruit, how often?

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default how much fruit, how often?

karlin said that my pup jasmine can eat bananas and apples which she really enjoys, i usually give her half an apple and half a banana about every 4 days, how often should fruit really be fed and how big or small a portion as i dont want to overdo it

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can feed that amount every day if you want. Try her on some veggies too -- mine like carrot sticks and green or red bell pepper slices (not the hot ones of course!). Also pears are popular, and most berries.

If you want her to get some nutritional value from most veg and fruit then it needs to be pulverised (eg very finely grated or put through a juicer or cooked and mashed) but even in sticks as a treat, these are low-cal treats and good roughage for them.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks karla is good to know that i can vary her diet, my husband has now jumped off the bed to go get her a pear, cause no one else is gonna eat them

Post Thanks / Like

King loves apple/banana/blueberries/strawberries/carrot/pepper the list goes on my family laughs sayin that King has more of a variety in his diet then my lil brother.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fruit & Dogs

Are frozen green beans OK to give as well? This morning Sophie found a strawberry that I must've dropped yesterday in the kitchen - she ate it and I was hoping it was an OK berry for dogs to eat! (she even tried my potato salad for my lunch )

Sheri

Post Thanks / Like

Strawberries dont seen to bother King...he likes them.....last night we treated him to a lil strawberries/bananas and yogurt...plus his regular food he went NUTS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Strawberries are great for them! Nice and soft; my mom's cavalier adores them. Also frozen green beans are fine, either raw or cooked. Good 'filler' for fat cavaliers needing to lose weight, too.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fruit, How much

And that "fat girl that needs to lose weight" would be my beloved Sophie (and myself - thanx)
    Altho' I'm not real sure I'm ready to start eating frozen gr. beans for my snacks!!!

Sheri

Post Thanks / Like

What about watermellon??? I gave mine some watermellon last night just to see if they would eat it and they loved it!!! Is that alright for them also?
    Thanks from JoJo (M-blen- 2 yrs) , Jack (M-Tri 1 yr at the Bridge) , and Miley's Destiny our newest addition born April 22nd (F-Blen 14 weeks old)

Post Thanks / Like

We can't get Zola eat any of this stuff. I'd love for her to eat more veg but the closest we have come is when she chews up and then spits out carrot!