Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little pound girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Little pound girl

I thought people might enjoy seeing how the little cavalier is that came into rescue. She was found straying with a very neglected coat, full of mats and burrs. Here she is when she was found:

Then she went to Brid for a week's foster. Brid gave her two baths and trimmed out many of her mats. I collected her on Friday and she now looks like this:

Today I had her at the Phoenix Park for a picnic with friends; she is just great with small children and especially liked my friend's daughter:

It was a lovely sunny day so all the dogs were enjoying themselves. here she is with leo on the right and Jaspar on the left.

She'll stay with me for a while yet; I am working to get her in a little better condition as she is very overwight and her coat needs some work too. She snores for Ireland so I am hoping a little weight loss might diminish her wall-shaking volume. However she also needs to learn that cats are not large furry toys for chasing.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

She has the sweetest face and her coat looks really thick

If you want to borrow Thomas cat she'll soon learn that cats aren't for chasing
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,
    What a beautiful day!
    Your little stray girl now looks beautiful..what a darling face!

Nancy

Post Thanks / Like

Oh what a sweet looking little girl. Hope she finds the forever home she deserves!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She's a smart little thing and is quickly catching on that 'no' means 'no' when it comes to cat-chasing. We have a breakthrough of sorts, she has come upstairs to find Ambrose on one of the pet beds on the floor; after looking at him longlingly and snorting a few times with some half-intent -- and a few return hisses from Ambrose -- and some 'no's' from me -- she sat and watched him for a bit from about 4 feet away and is now sleeping on the floor. Once small step for cavalierkind.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just look at that little face, watching every move!

Sending a special "Thank You" to the foster carer that worked their magic with her, and set her on the road to being a beautiful girl.

Alison, Wilts, Uk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

She is so sweet Karlin, what an adorable little face

Well done to Brid for her hard work last week - thanks for helping this wee one

and a big thank you to you Karlin for getting her out and looking after her currently

Looks like you all had a lovley day at the park...I wonder if she lived with a family previously if she's that good with children?

Sounds like you're getting there with the cat problem too, that's great...in a few weeks we will be seeing photos of her and Quincy cuddled up hopefully

Thanks so much for sharing the photos
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

That little thing is so lucky that you, and others that care so much for her kind, found her when you did. The cat stories are hilarious.
    I love everyone's contributions and would love to see Thomas cat!!

Another star in your crown..
    Marsha

Post Thanks / Like

She's so cute...she's lucky to have u guys over there....she looks good playin in the park!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

Has nobody come forward for her yet? I can't believe that she hasn't had a home before, especially looking at how good she is with your friends daughter, and the way she stays close when of lead in the park.

Will you be looking at re-homing her eventually? she looks very happy with you!........

Alison, Wilts, UK.