• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

GOING DOWN STAIRS

yvonne

Holly at just six and a half months has finally mastered coming down the stairs. Just wondering what age is normal for this? She seemed to be terrified of it for ages, but suddenly i found her coming down all on her own. (very proud mum) - Yvonne :D

jasmine started to climb up the stairs at about 4 months and she kept getting to one step before the top and then going down again but then she got brave and went right to the top she was so proud of herself but as for going back down we walked down beside her as she was scared, and now shes running up and down like a herd of elephants

Congratulations Holly :rah:

you are a BIG BRAVE girl now! :w*w:

Enjoy the freedom but still be careful, don't trip your Mummy up will you! :oops:

Your little bones are still very tiny and we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself so go nice and slow. :D

Alison, Wilts, UK.

Twinkle has been coming back down for a couple of months now but that's only because Kelvin coached her the first couple of times. Daisy Boo has never come down the stairs and she's 11 months. She's quite happy to go up, sit here and wait to be carried back down :roll:

It definitely takes them longer to go down then up (toddlers are the same!). I think Jaspar took about an extra month or so before he would come down -- they need a lot more coordination to get down than up. If you've ever hiked up a hill easily then been very careful coming back down, you'll recall why -- harder to keep your footing, harder to be actually looking down than up as you can see the drop, etc.

Joanna I wonder if Daisy Boo's knee isn't the reason she hasn;t gone down stairs. I'd be guessing that is likely the reason -- it would be much harder on the knee joint and hips to go down as opposed to up. icon_nwunsure

I was thinking that too Karlin - she has never even tried to go down. Hopefully she will feel well enough to try in a couple of months.

King is funny....the stairs inside my building he wont go down but his will go up....but everywhere else he'll go up and down...dont kno y...very funny puppy...oh and he was bout 5months b4 he mastered goin down stairs

Back