• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

social King wit pet bird

Kingofthehouse86

K....here's the problem I have a Rosy Bourke parakeet (basically looks like a regular parakeet only pink) k well everytime I take Ruby (my rosy bourke) out of her cage King gets really nervous and goes and sulks in bed...but everytime i try to socialize them King runs away and hides....wat to do i dont want to upset King everytime i take Ruby out and I dont want to punish Ruby by never taking her out again....I mean King has no problem wit any other animals...cats/rabbit/guinea pigs...even my tortoise doesnt bother him when i take him out...just Ruby bothers him...any suggestions please help...oh just to let u kno Ruby was in my life 1st she's bout 3 1/2 yrs old....

I also have parrots ( 1 amazon, 1 blue and gold, 1 quaker, 1 canary and 1 budgie) and have found that I feel more comfortable that my dogs are afraid of the birds.
Would you want to take the chance? I also have to make sure my birds won't harm my puppies (I.E. Amazon & Blue &Gold) :yikes
In our house we keep seperate time for the birds and the dogs. I always go back to " it is better to error on the safe side".
If my puppies are sulking I just talk to them so they don't feel as bad and know they aren't being punished. Maybe give him a special treat or favorite toy during the time you have Ruby out.

Kim thnx 4 the advise...im not worried that King would harm her or vis versa.... but he always has his favorite frog toy from puppyhood...i'll give that a try...thnx Kim

I have to say where the video is very cute... it scares the **** out of me. Several times the cavalier but its body over the bird (side comment :this bird is a endangered species) and could've suffocated the bird ...laid on its wing ...could've broke the wing...mouthed the birds head :yikes :yikes

Birds are so fragile ..for that matter so are the dogs (eyes) :yikes
Many times that dog was very vulnerable and if the bird choose to it could have caused serious damage.

Again ...Maybe this is different ..but ..in my dealings with animals ..Horses , birds , cats, dogs.

Instinct comes into play and they may be the best of friends for years then one day the play may become harmful/deadly. To one or both.

My bird almost broke my hand in one of those instant ...you touched me wrong moments.

Just for kicks I am posting this video to our Bird club to see what reactions come back.

the movie was cute...but i too think either animal could've hurt the other one....but if King every played like that I wouldn't hav Ruby wit me any more :( but last night King seemed fine when i took out Ruby he played wit his toy on the couch rit next to me and Ruby

Wonderful!!!

You know Reggie has a toy frog or Froggie as we call it.

Seems to be his all time favorite .

Kim

u kno that's really funny King's favorite toy is a toy frog...Froggie is his name.... well he's got a few frog toys but his favorite is the first toy he got as a puppy, Kong Dr. Noys stuffed animal... thats basically his comfort toy..thats the one i'll give him when i take out Ruby....i have a video of him playin wit it when he was a pup 2months...gotta upload them 4 every1 too c

Back