• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Potty Trained

Linda

I cannot believe this little darling Ruby of mine, he is as smart as a whip and my lack of sleep has been worth it. b*n*n* :*nana: :slp:

He was 10 weeks old yesterday, I remember when Dudley came home
he was also potty trained very quickly.
Hope the little fellow keeps up the amazing job, I do watch him all the
time but feel it is worth every minute of me getting up and down to
see what he is up to when he is quiet.

I am amazed he is going to the door and barking when he needs to go potty.
(y)
He has only had one accident since we have had him and that
is my DH's fault, I left him last Saturday with him in our mobile home
my hubby fell asleep on Saturday afternoon and my little boy had no choice but to relieve himself inside. :yikes :yikes :yikes

I went out this morning crated him for two hours when I got home he
was awake and wanted out of his crate. He went straight to the door and
started to bark, he went outside and did his business straight away.
:w**h**: :w**h**:

I just had to share how he is doing, I truly believe having a xpen makes
a huge impact on the potty training. cl*p cl*p :lotsaluv:
He is also sleeping through the night from 11:30 to 5:00, I think it is amazing. :mexwav:

All that red hair is showing in his personality.I JUST LOVE IT. :mexwav:

I definetley see a difference between him and Dudley as a puppy.
He is more spunkier and just absolutely loves toys and loves to fetch. :dgwlk:

Linda, how often do you get up during the night? Do you wait until he cries or do you set a schedule for getting him up in the middle of the night? How often do you take him out during the day? Does he pee/poop every time?

I'm so glad things are going so well! He's such a cute lil' buggar!!!! How old is he now?

shoesncavs said:
Linda, how often do you get up during the night? Do you wait until he cries or do you set a schedule for getting him up in the middle of the night? How often do you take him out during the day? Does he pee/poop every time?

I'm so glad things are going so well! He's such a cute lil' buggar!!!! How old is he now?

I don't get up during the night at all, unless I hear him which really was only the first night and one more. He ususally cries and I hear him and get up and bring him outside around 5:00 p.m.
No Water for him after 9:00 p.m.

He goes outside about 8 times during the day, and if I am outside he is usually out with me. He loves laying in the grass, no he does not always
pee and poop everytime.

Yesterday he ate a lot, I expected him to wanting out a lot but he did
not go out anymore than usual.

Darby was 10 weeks old yesterday, I think you will find that the xpen
you have set up is going to help you.

Did you put a piece of lineleum (sp) on the bottom.
My advice to you is not to put any paper down at all, I am finding this
time around Darby is quicker and I thought Dudley Potty trained quickly.

I am so proud of him, I just had to share.
Like I said I am tired, but it is paying off for me.

What's this xpen? Is it like crate training? We had an awful job housetraining our last pup and we'll be looking to learn from our mistakes for the next one!

cecily said:
What's this xpen? Is it like crate training? We had an awful job housetraining our last pup and we'll be looking to learn from our mistakes for the next one!

Cicily

This is the xpen that my husband built, we have had amazing luck
with potty training using this method.

xpen1.jpg

xpen.jpg

We downsized it a bit, as when we used it for Dudley we found it was a
bit big.

WOW.

Your xpen is fantastic. Your little fella looks adorable and so happy in it. We were thinking of a sort of playpen for our next pup. That setup looks great, and you've certainly got a happy little camper.

Wow Linda. He is just doing fantastic! Way to go on the training. (y) He is just sooooo cute and adorable. I just want to come steal him! Don't you think he would be a good boyfriend for Katie? She loves younger men!

:flwr:

Awesome Linda!!

your xpen setup looks great. i think the idea is to not give them too much space, and i think you got it just right. i had good results with a Precision xpen, they're made of metal and they fold up flat if you want to put it away but i always left it there, around his crate, and he never used it as a bathroom. the only problem was he got able to jump out.

anyway, he was about 4-5 months when i was using that. Darby is a regular child prodigy at 10 weeks!! :w*w:

molly said:
Wow Linda. He is just doing fantastic! Way to go on the training. (y) He is just sooooo cute and adorable. I just want to come steal him! Don't you think he would be a good boyfriend for Katie? She loves younger men!

:flwr:
Molly: You can send Katie to me anytime, I just love the personality
of whole colors. Please don't think I am boasting I am just so
shocked at how quickly he is learning.
I think him and Katie would make a stunning couple. :D :D :D :lotsaluv:

Awesome Linda!!

your xpen setup looks great. i think the idea is to not give them too much space, and i think you got it just right. i had good results with a Precision xpen, they're made of metal and they fold up flat if you want to put it away but i always left it there, around his crate, and he never used it as a bathroom. the only problem was he got able to jump out.

anyway, he was about 4-5 months when i was using that. Darby is a regular child prodigy at 10 weeks!! [/quote]

Judy: In all honesty I think that the xpen is what is helping him learn so
quickly. I don't keep him in it when I am able to watch him, but
when I am busy in he goes. :wggle:

I bought 3 xpens that are made of metal for our caravan, but last
wkd it was raining so I never really got to see if he would enjoy
it. It is acting as a fence until such time that we can afford to
fence our property up north. cavtiny

I also think the fact that I am home with him is helping wonders,
I am constantly watching him. So he is picking it up really quickly
it's not to say he won't have an accident but so far so good. :jmp: :thnx:

Well done Lulu and Darby, that's fantastic news, you are BOTH doing so well. :mexwav:

I know it's really hard work for the first couple of weeks, but it does pay off - the fewer accidents they have indoors, the less they are likely to have.

Naughty hubby letting Darby blott his copybook... :x

Mind you having seen that fabulous pen I think I might let him off - that's brilliant, a perfect size as he has room to play but not big enough for him to see it as more than his nest. 8)

Rupert was also trained in two weeks, he only had a couple of accidents both of which were my fault :oops:

It is possible, it does also depend on the set up at the breeders, and how they have been reared {it helps if they have been outside and on different surfaces} - but a lot of it depends on you - you have to be aware all the time what they are doing, and keep to a schedule of out after every meal, every time they wake up, when they've been playing, and every hour or so in between!!

You are a brilliant doggy Momma - and should be very proud of the wee man, he's so cute too!!

Back