• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Woman Attacks Dog Breeder With Chihuahua :-(

judy

Thursday, June 8, 2006 (AP)
Woman Attacks Dog Breeder With Chihuahua

(06-08 ) 09:24 PDT ST. PETERS, Mo. (AP) --

A woman angry that her new puppy had died pushed her way into a dog breeder's home and repeatedly hit her on the head with the dead Chihuahua, authorities said.

The 33-year-old woman told police she had taken the puppy to a
veterinarian, who said it was only 4 weeks old and needed to be returned
to its mother. But before she could return the puppy, it died.

Early Wednesday, the woman went to the breeder's home, pushed her way inside and began fighting with the breeder as she tried to make her way to the basement to get another puppy, police said.

The breeder wrestled the woman out of her house to the front porch, where the woman then hit the breeder over the head numerous times with the dead puppy, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported, citing police.

As the woman drove away, she waved the dead puppy out of the car's sunroof and yelled threats at the breeder, police said. She later called the
breeder and threatened her and her family, according to court records.

Police said they are considering felony burglary charges and misdemeanor assault charges.

:yikes :yikes

Gosh those two sound like a perfect pair -- an unethical breeder getting rid of her pups when too young, and a woman who treats a puppy as if it never was a living creature. :(

i can understand the womans anger at the breeder, but if she knew anything about dogs she would know that four weeks is way to young for a pup to leave its mother, also i worry now that the breeder will keep on breeding dogs, she doesnt sound like a decent person who cares about dogs. thats a sad story

A four week old, dead Chi pup is rather small-- I wouldn't think it would make an effective weapon -- this just seems too bizarre. Sandy

WoodHaven said:
A four week old, dead Chi pup is rather small-- I wouldn't think it would make an effective weapon -- this just seems too bizarre. Sandy
LOL! Good observation...and thanks for making me laugh.

WoodHaven said:

bizarre was the word i kept thinking of too. i couldn't believe it wasn't some kind of joke. i had to keep checking the source where it says Associated Press, but come to think of it, there's no journal actually cited. What's to stop anyone from writing AP on a (bad) joke post? i apologize for posting this, i thought it was real, and raising the issue of how powerful peoples' feelings are about their pets, and in particular one of the reasons to buy from a reputable breeder because even when a pet owner has only had their dog one day, they tend to get powerfully attached. However, if this story is real, i would feel sorry for any dog who would have this person for an owner. i hate to imagine how she might react if the dog chewed and damaged her shoe or peed on her carpet.
:x

I guess it is real. i googled it and found an article in a Seattle journal.
Still hard to believe. quite bizarre if real.

OMG how sick. It sounds to me as though they are both as bad as each other too. Neither of them sound like they deserve a dog.

There are some very bazarre people out there. I hope that the story isn't true. Poor puppy. I agree, some people don't deserve pets.
J.

Back