• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

May I introduce "Whitney"

Alison_Leighfield

Dear group,

Many of you will know that over the past two years I have lost three severely affected SM Cavaliers. All of them broke my heart.

A while ago back in March at a U.K show I was introduced to a wonderful, caring young breeder who is scanning all of her Cavaliers and also her breeding dogs/bitches by MRI for SM.

A beautiful two and a half year old Tri girl was owned by this breeder but due to Pio in January had to have an emergency spay.
Over the following months the little dog, through friends of the breeder, was quietly offered to me once or twice as a pet even though she did superbly well in the ring when shown.

At the time I didn't really pay much attention as I had only lost Annie-Belle in January so I wasn't perhaps ready to think about a new friend just then, it all still hurt so much.

The only other problem was this little girl hadn't been scanned, and to take the risk again with an un-scanned Cavalier was something I couldn't do. I had made this promise to myself, my family and my children.

HOWEVER....her breeder drove her for seven hours to Cambridge for her MRI scan to see if she was affected or not, just for me. I mean...how wonderful is that. What a caring, giving person is this, that went all the way, did all those hours just to give me peace of mind.

I held my breath all day Wednesday...this was scan day, we had waited weeks for it to come around and now it was here, it was happening.

The result was fantastic. A grade A. Only a very, very mild malformation, no syrinx, no dilation, no PSOM just everything that I could ever have wished and prayed for. A clear 3yr old, SM free, Cavalier King Charles Spanial.

How can you say "thank you" for what she did for me, there will never be enough times to say those words in a whole life time.

I only collected her yesterday and already it feels as if she has always been with me. My other girls (Dogs!) loved her on sight, plenty of waggy tails and licks going around! we had a good night, no problems at all.

This was also the same breeder that Jack, Nicki's new little boy came from...it was during our conversation about Whitney a while ago when we were sorting the scan date out that I found out about him and managed to put Jack and Nicki together, so now we are related by our Cavaliers!!! ...wonderful hey! (Jack and Whitney have the same Mum & Dad and are from repeat matings)

So Honey has her companion, they have stuck together like glue, don't they always know their own breed! and I have something again in my life that I thought I could only ever dream about.... and my Shelties have another friend, another new girl in the bunch!!

I will never forget how I felt yesterday.
The first time I picked her up and held her I shook and cried and then I felt her soft amd warm as she sniffed and licked me gently in my hair. I fell in love with her, and it was OK to do so, she isn't going anywhere this little girl, she is here to stay with me for her lifetime.

Remember your dreams, cling on to them for everything that they are worth, sometimes with a little help they really do come true.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Oh Alison!! That is just wonderful. I could feel your joy through your words. What a wonderful breeder you've got. Congratulations.

Wonderful story! I'm so sorry you had to go through all the heartbreak with the 3 but now it sounds like you have a very healthy and happy new baby that will bring you many years of joy and smiles and love. You are very lucky!

Oh Alison, this truly makes my day (day! It makes my week and month!). We first met through email when you had just lost your first cavalier to SM, not too long before. Then came the second diagnosis, then the third. If anyone deserves a clear cavalier it is you -- I sure wish you both many, many happy years together and what a truly wonderful breeder. :flwr: :flwr: They are definitely out there.

:jump:

Oh Allison

I am crying my eyes out reading your post about Whitney. :cry*ing:
Sweetheart you so so deserved it and somebody knew this, you are truly
a wonderful wonderful person. :hug:
I am so happy for both you and Nicki, I have become good friends with
Nicki and I was so happy for her also. :wggle: :wggle: (y)
I wish you two could get together at some point with all the pups. :xfngr:
Your little one's who crossed the bridge before their time, were looking
out for you as the love and wonderful care you give to this breed not
only speaks in your words but shines through you. *ng*l *ng*l *ng*l

You made my day, I was having a bad day until I read your post. :mexwav: :thnx:

Wonderful, wonderful news. :*bay:

NOW WE WANT PICTURES PLEASE :snap: :snap:

What a great story! Shows that there is still hope out there in finding a good, honest breeder. I'm so happy for you, have fun with this little one!
:flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Dearest Alison

Thank you so much for sharing your story - and for being such a special friend :flwr:

I'm so thrilled that you finally have your precious Whitney, she is so very beauitiful. We wish you many happy healthy years together - it's wonderful that you can finally relax and enjoy her.

It's lovely that Honey and Whitney have made friends already - I'm sure that will lift Honey and they will enjoy each other's company.

I think this might be what everyone is waiting for...sorry I've been out and only just got back icon_whistling

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0036.jpg

Jack sends kisses and cuddles to all the girlies but especially to his sister xxx

Thought you might like this one too, this was my meeting with Whitney when we picked up Jack...

Whitney130614.jpg

Thank you Nicki for doing this for me... :flwr:

I'm useless on the PC! icon_whistling

My girls....L to R, Whitney, Honey-Bee, Daisy & Rosie.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison--this is wonderful news, she is such a sweet looking girl. How cool that she and Jack make you and Nicki relatives! :)

Daisy reminds me a bit of my precious Frank Bank. She's stunningly beautiful. Which one of the shelties is the one who gives "necks", or neck hugs?

thank you for sharing your contagious happiness and love, and thanks to Nicki for the wonderful photos.

Oh I LOVE those pictures!

Alison your shelties are so beautiful as well as the cavaliers. :)

Whitney and Honey are a great match.

I’m so happy for you; it could not have happen to a nicer, more deserving person. :flwr:

I’m sure it will help Honey bee, keeping her more active with a new friend around to keep her busy.

Ooooh that really made me cry! What a lovely start to the day - to read such a heartwarming story.

Congrats on your new girl - she is lovely.

Allison,
I have tears of joy as I read your posting. I am so very happy for you. It is so very hard to let yourself love again, especially after all you have been through. I'm so pleased you found a breeder that is so responsible and caring. Best wishes to you and Whitney, she is lovely! Please share pictures of her and your other kids when you can.
JaneB

Alison,

Have finally managed to get on the computer :D .

Well, you and I have been through some times together in the last year or so and I can honestly say that I could have not wished for a nicer friend to come into my life than you.

We have laughed together and cried together and when you phoned me to say that Whitney was clear you know that I was crying too.

I am so glad that my ickle Bunnybuns has got a new friend and that you have at last got a clear baby. No one deserves it more than you do.

The photo of the girlies is going on my fridge with the others but I am running out of room LOL.

I can't wait to see Whitney next week and all the others too. Maxx said to tell Rosie that he looks better than last time she saw him and will also be getting a bath before he comes ;) Oh yes and Geraint wants to know that when we pick the boys up again, can we borrow Crazy Daisy or would Daddy object too much hahaha.

Much love to you and all the family, Alison - you're one of the best friends I could have.

Lots of love

Donna & All the boys xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh what a sweet heart warming story. I am so glad that you now have such a sweet healthy girl. All your dogs are beautiful!

Alison --
what absolutely wonderful news! I am just sooo happy for you. It is absolutely fantastic that there seem to be more MRI clear dogs out there! I have renewed hope for one day having another Cavvie. ;) She is truly GORGEOUS and you are both very lucky to have each other!! :) From one SM mommy to another -- I truly know how much this means. To be able to look in her eyes and know she will never have to experience the pain of SM - and neither will you, as her mom.

Congratulations.

-Kendall

Back