• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh Jake!

Cathy T

Yep, Jake not Shelby. I swear that little girl is so sturdy and strong compared to Jake.

Yesterday he went to jump up on our two foot wall...and missed. I didn't see what happened but saw him miss the wall and crash back. He seemed okay and I left the house for a few hours. When I got hom he didn't get off the couch to come greet me, yelped jumping up on the bed, didn't want a beef chew at lunch ( I knew something was really wrong then), yelped in my lap and just kind of hung around me all day. He ate dinner fine and just kind of laid around. Went into his crate at 8:00 and laid down (bedtime is normally 9:00) and was in for the night. This morning hubby carried him into the bedroom and he immediately snuggled up into my side. Normally he would be licking me to get me to get up and give him a treat.

Now, I'm just keeping an eye on him. I'm assuming he hurt himself when he missed the wall. I've examined and manipulated his legs but can't find where he's hurt.

So....for those of you who feel like you are overreactive....you ain't got nothing on me! Honestly....a few weeks ago it was panic attacks and now this. My boys wears me out. I had called the vet's office yesterday but once he perked up for dinner I cancelled. I'm going to call this a.m. and see if there's something I should be giving him (anti-inflammatory or something) or just watch him.

This kind of thing never happens on a Monday morning when I know the vet's office will be open all week. But, better than on a Saturday night!!

Poor Jake! I'm glad he sounds like he's doing better (and yes, they NEVER pick a convenient time to have a crisis; always when you can't get them easily to a vet). Maybe his back is the problem -- he might have wrenched it? I'd think painkillers of some sort might be a help if he's bruised or wrenched something?

Karlin

Poor guy, maybe he needs glasses??! :) Good for him for trying to make that wall, even if he missed, at least he tries! :D

Well, the drama king seems to be feeling better. I'm telling you...this boy is something else. I knew he felt better when jumped off the bed during nap time, sat in the kitchen and started barking for his dinner :?

Jen said:
Poor guy, maybe he needs glasses??! :) Good for him for trying to make that wall, even if he missed, at least he tries! :D

:lol:
so glad to hear he's healing up. better luck next time jake! :xfngr: (dodged another bullet there, cathy)

OH Jake...you mustn't scare your Mommy like that.

So pleased he's feeling better and barking again.

I'm sure that mine don't think I love them enough unless they give me a good scare at least once a week...Rupert is the best at this, he will suddenly refuse to get on or off the furniture...did this today but miraculously recovered when I came home with food shopping which needed investigating :D

Nicki,

Rupert and Maxx must be related - he's another one, Hubby gets in from work and Charlie goes crazy. Maxx will sometimes just lay there and groan as if someones beaten him or something :lol:

Cathy, don't EVER think you are an overprotective Mummy! My Vet has become a very good friend of mine since I had Maxx and I think he knows him as well as I do - ask Alison LOL

Jake, young man, you need to stop looking for sympathy and be a brave soldier - we all know you were only after more treats ;) xxx

Back