• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A dog's legacy

Nicki

This was found on another forum...trying to find out who wrote it but it's currently unknown...I thought it was lovely

When humans die, they make a will
To leave their homes and all they have
To those they love.
I, too, would make a will if I could write.

To some poor wistful lonely stray
I leave my happy home,
My dish, my cosy bed, my cushioned chair, my toy,
The well loved lap, the gently stroking hand,
The loving voice,
The place I made in someone’s heart,
The love, that at the last could help me to
A peaceful painless end
Held in loving arms.

If I should die Oh do not say,
"No more a pet I’ll have
To grieve me by it’s loss"
Seek out some lonely, unloved dog
And give my place to him.
This is my legacy I leave behind
‘Tis all I have to give.

Nicki,

That was so moving. I often think that my little ones that I have had in my life are more loved than most children of our world. Am I wrong to feel guilty? I cannot do anything about the abuse of other children nor the abuse of other dogs, but I can make the difference in my dogs' lives.
I, like all of you, love my children and my doggies so much and try to make their lives the best..

Sorry, I am sitting here teary
Marsha

Nicki,

That actually brought a tear to my eye. I have lost so many pets over the years and brought new ones into my life. I hope that I give them all that they need. Such a wonderful poem.

Back