• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dudley & Darby Update

Linda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not posted in a while in regards to how my two are getting along,
thought some of you may be interested to hear how things are going. :wggle:

Darby at the moment is the Alpha and is a cheeky and bossy little rascal, which I am enjoying thoroughly. I love his personality so spunky and full of energy and just so so playful. b*n*n* :*nana:

He is 11 weeks old today, and eats like a horse. Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee,
I am not going down memory lane with eating problems with this guy, as my husband has been warned not to give anything to him. :swear:

As for the interaction between the two of them, it is coming along slowly on Dudleys part. Darby chases him all over the house and backyard, Dudley chooses the times that he will interact with Darby and those times
are very special for me to watch and enjoy. :lotsaluv:

My family is enjoying having the two of them, I often wonder at times with
the looks we get from Dudley if he is ticked off with us but then he will
start playing with him so I guess it is when and only when Dudley feels like
it. Dudley always wants to be near us as this is what he is used to, but I
am very positive that within another few weeks that Dudley will come around more. I now have him snuggling with me and Darby so this is also
a step in the right direction. :slp: (y)

I truly believe the personality of solid color Cavaliers is naughtier than
the bleinham or tri's, and it is so much fun to watch.
Not naughty in the sense of being downright bad but a enjoyable naughtiness. :l*v:

For those of you with two dogs, I went out this morning and purchase yet
another trunkful of toys. But I also purchased a coupler (I think that is what they are called). Is it to early to start teaching them to walk with this yet ?????????????? :thnx:
Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

I will post some pictures of the two of them soon.

Great that things are progressing Linda, Dudley will really get used to Darby - Woody was really funny with Ozzy, don't touch that, don't come near me, had me so worried, as it looked like he was trying to beat him up sometimes, then one day they started wrestling and from then on they are the terrible two, Busta is easy with both of them and if they get on his nerves will either come up on me, bark at them or growl at them.... it is so funny...

that is great news about your pair. I think it might be a bit early to teach them to walk together especially since there is such a weight and size difference at this point. I would wait until your puppy is confident about walking with his own lead and collar then get them used to walking beside each other before trying the coupler thing. I have 2 cavaliers and it was only recently that I got one of these, but they didnt like it as one will not walk if it went anywhwere near his bottom. I find it is easier to have 2 fine leads that I gather up in my hand.

Arne said:
that is great news about your pair. I think it might be a bit early to teach them to walk together especially since there is such a weight and size difference at this point. I would wait until your puppy is confident about walking with his own lead and collar then get them used to walking beside each other before trying the coupler thing. I have 2 cavaliers and it was only recently that I got one of these, but they didnt like it as one will not walk if it went anywhwere near his bottom. I find it is easier to have 2 fine leads that I gather up in my hand.

Arne

I just wanted some opinions, my darling little Ruby Boy is only learning himself to walk on a leash. Just thinking down the road, always way
ahead of myself.

I got some pictures of them this morning so I will post them later today.

Thank you for the feedback :D :D :D :D :D

OOOOH looking forward to the photos, need my puppy fix LOL

SO pleased they are getting on better, I think it will be when Dudley wants to play and that's how it should be, he is teaching Darby the doggie rules.

It's great that he snuggles with you and Darby, that shows he's accepted him.

Wonderful that you are all enjoying Darby so much, and enjoying having two - it's wonderful to wathc them play together.

Great news! And yes we are ALL waiting for more puppy pics, at all times... :lol:

Linda,

Lovely to read your up-date, so glad that they are bonding together. :D

They will be firm friends for many years to come, I'm sure. Just enjoy the naughtiness, they are delightful to watch at it! :wggle:

Lets have some more photos PLEASE :snap: :snap: :snap:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison_Leighfield said:
Linda,

Lovely to read your up-date, so glad that they are bonding together. :D

They will be firm friends for many years to come, I'm sure. Just enjoy the naughtiness, they are delightful to watch at it! :wggle:

Lets have some more photos PLEASE :snap: :snap: :snap:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Done darlin. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Alison: I love the naughtiness that puppies get themselves into.
The wee bugger keeps going in my freezer. :oops: :yikes

Yes please Linda, puppy pics ASAP and some of darling Dudley too :D

It does take time and Uncle Dud is being a good boy, teaching that naughty young pup his manners :lol:

I swear that Maxx has managed to teach Charlie a darned sight more than I have! He's a cheeky little monkey and laughs at me when I chastise him - Daddy says it's because I am usually laughing too icon_whistling as if I would... icon_whistling

Back